1910 Touring Value

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1910 Touring Value
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

I own a 1910 Touring that has been in the family for almost 35 years. My father purchased the car in 1979 and it's restoration was completed in 1981. The original open valve motor was redone once after the restoration in 1996. The color is Ford pickup truck red used in the 80's just because my father liked that color. Car should be brewster green. The engine number and body number match, 167XX. The car has the correct 6 rivet clam rear end, square box hog head and one piece spindles. Windshield is correct. The body and paint still show very well but there are a few cracks here and there. The car was always stored in a heated garage.

The car is driven once a year in the fall and a couple of years ago I made this video to capture the drive. https://youtu.be/2KVgAi54iLI

The time may have come to let this car go to the next owner who will love it and preserve it as we did for 35 years. I am looking for feedback on it's possible value. I have not been following Model T market recently. Thanks Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 03:13 pm:

There will be many opinions. I studied '09 and '10's when I built my '09. The authenticity of yours is several times what mine is. My guess would be $35,000 but could be off $10,000 either way from reality. There are a lot more of us who want them than those who can afford them. Still, it is a pleasure to see the video of it running. It's always hard when the time to give them up comes.

Best of luck
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

Beautiful car. I would have a hard time taking anything less that $45K and would put a realistic range of $40K to $55K from just looking at the video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson - Kingwood, Texas on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 03:58 pm:

Beautiful car. I am thinking $50K to $55K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

You've got a real beauty there all I know about the value of such a "T" is I can't afford it :-) Thanks for posting the video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 05:10 pm:

Given your location and being a nice early car, call Langs. Don or either of his sons are experts, close and honest and likely know of an interested party.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman Bolz on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

Nice car. Excellent video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

Thanks for the comments, kind words and PM's. I will be making a tough decision in the near future.
Thanks Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Mike - Beautiful car and video. Hopefully you made that video to remember it by if you do end up selling it. If so, you're a smart man. Well done.

What's the story behind the axle jacks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Dan,
The jacks were bought at a car swap meet in the early 80's. They have a pat. date I think around 1915. They have nice caster wheels and are a screw jack design. The car can be moved with a simple push. Over the years they were used as a platform when restoring a car. Now I store the 1910 on them keeping the tires off the ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

I second David M's suggestion to contact Don Lang. He is nearby and has as good an idea of your car's value as anyone. 978-297-2647

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

Mike -- The car is beautiful! Don can tell you what it's worth.

Those jacks are Weaver Auto-Twin Jacks from the late 'teens or 20's. I just bought one which was listed here on the Classifieds section from Larry Gresh. If you don't need them after selling your car, I'd like to buy one or both of them from you.

waterwalk999@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Max L. Christenson on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

Beautiful car. It is worth every penny you might possibly ask for it. But, the real question is: Why part with it for any price? Unless, of course, you must part with it for other pressing financial reasons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

In Australia you would get mid 50's to over $60,000 for it. What a lovely looking car with very tasteful pin striping which I may copy to paint them on my 1910

Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart. Bakersfield, Calif. on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

Beautiful April 1910 T! If you let go for less than $35,000. Call Me First!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:27 am:

Beautiful car. If you watch carefully you'll see that the car has a rare Canadian body. I'm currently restoring a Canadian 09 touring. The Canadian 09-10 T's had a bead line going vertical up the back of the body and up the back of the front seat. The US bodies didn't.
Here's a Canadian bodied 09

Here's the US body touring

Very rare car that would sure look good in my shop!!!

Ken
Surrey BC Canada

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:43 am:

The picture that Ken posted of the 1909 Canadian T touring #4032 belongs to my son Christopher & I.We drove the car around Lake Erie the first part of August with 22 pre 1915 Horseless Carriages.We put about 700 miles on the car.
Scott Kramer
Woodstock,Ontario,Canada

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:24 am:

Mike,
A nice Green 1910 Touring recently sold on Ebay for high 3o's to low 40's. I did not save the auction details so cannot confirm the exact price. This one just sold on ebay but with lots of incorrect parts including motor and trans. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161803302870?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
This one sold in Australia for just over 50k.http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2015-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-aucti on/ford-model-t-tourer-2/#.VeaUW8vouUk
Yours is a very nice example. Ebay is a good National market place and can help you gage interest. Based on the information you get here and from other experts set your reserve at your lowest reserve price and see how you go. Good luck with the sale. Very hard to part with such a nice car. I know because sold my Dads 1910!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:54 am:

Scott
It's great to hear that your 09 did a 700 mile tour. Touring with the cars is my favorite part of owning an antique. I've logged about 500 miles so far this summer with another 500 miles to go this month. My 11 T Tourabout and my 12 Oakland have been getting all the exercise this year! Hope to get the 09 finished next year.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:48 am:

And if you consider selling the car to Australia, be aware of the exchange rate - AUD 50,000 is equivalent to $35,000 USD.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration