Prewarcar News - Damage ends Model T Trip

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Prewarcar News - Damage ends Model T Trip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Csorba (Australia) on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

Hi Everyone,
Disappointing news on http://www.prewarcar.com/ about the end of Dirk and Trudy Regter and their T trip.
Thankfully no-one hurt.
Bruce
<http://www.prewarcar.com/images/accident_dirk_and_trudy_regter_t_ford_world_tour -3_800.jpg>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

I'm glad nobody was seriously hurt, but it's another disgusting case of incompetence at other people's expense. I wouldn't be surprised if he was jabbering on the phone or texting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:35 am:

Looks like the engine and most of the front are still good. Might be repairable. Best of luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:52 am:

-sigh-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:28 am:

Terrible news. To think they travelled all that way in the T without problems then get hit while trailering! I hope the car is able to be repaired and they can continue on. I was particularly looking forward to travelling with them in my 1916 Tourer when they were to do the Australian leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 04:45 am:

It looks very repairable. There is no good reason for it to not be restored again.
I am so pleased that they seem to be okay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 06:34 am:

I've seen worse brought back. I am glad they are O.K. and wish them well in the future....... inattentive drivers are found everywhere:-(, When I taught motorcycle safety I used to say "Pipes as loud as you can get them without upsetting (not the real word I used in talking to sailors) the neighbors or the local constabulary, however air horns guaranteed to crack automotive wind shields at 50 paces I want a set price no object." In view of that statement I have mounted a set of air horns from a 1955 mack truck under my trailer in the back, when someone wants to sniff my butt I give them a blast..... wakes them right up! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

-G.R.-
Loving your idea!! But going one step further....
I've mounted 'air horns' under-hood of my daily driver, and have found them very useful and helpful when appropriate.
Invention idea: How 'bout a portable set (battery or compressed air) to mount out back or under our T's for when we're driving them? Yup, we're watching our rear views, and a push of a button might actually wake someone up. (Hint: Perhaps 'NOT' if it is a law official behind you...) Have you seen the Staples commercial when the air horn is used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

Speaking of air horns, one of my friends who shall remain nameless, has them on his coupe. When we would be on a tour by a school that had all the little ones sitting on the curb hollerin' "honk your horn", he would lift 'um off when he hit the button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

Marv;
I don't see why that wouldn't work as long as you can get 12 volts (spare battery?) here is the small set I have on my motorcycle:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Many years ago a friend had a Honda Gold Wing with a side car and air horns.
He said every time he honked the air horns everybody just looked around to see where the sound was coming from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

One of my students had loud speakers mounted behind the grill.
He would get on the microphone if someone was wandering along or in a dream, he would speak with a comment such as.

" Driver in the red Mazda move to the left and be quick about it"

They usually immediately swung over and he then accelerated past while they tried to work out where the noise came from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

That is a shame.
But it goes to prove, inept drivers are a worldwide problem!

Considering what the owners of the T have done for good causes recently,I feel sure some fellow T'rs will help to get the car back on the road.What goes around will come back around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 12:39 am:

There have been too many accidents in the past few weeks. What is going on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:17 am:

What is going on is that less people are looking at the road and tend to look at their phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:23 am:

Or they think it's more convenient to have an accident than it is to use their brakes and slow down for a few seconds for a car in front of them turning.
That's efficient isn't it, Instead of braking slightly when a car in front actually slows down to make it turn it's far faster to crash into them and suffer all that paperwork and repairs. Save 2 seconds by losing a week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 07:10 am:

Iím so sorry to hear of the accident, but Iím so glad to hear that Dirk and Trudy will be ok. They have done so much to raise funds for the SOS Childrenís Villages International and of course in the process they have also been a great ambassador for our Model T Fords as well.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cur off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:10 am:

Too many distractions....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVnRcIXEqaU

(yes, there is a shorter version for those in a hurry) --->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_lyx1SB86Q

Sure wish that these would be viewed (and understood) by every driver!

There are many more videos out there...all sad...but those who should watch and believe think that this will never happen to THEM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 09:22 am:

This T had modern safety glass at least. If it didn't the windshield glass would have mangled the folks in the front seat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

Does everyone realise that the Model T was on a trailer being towed? Dirk, Trudy and their passenger were in the tow car not the Model T.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration