Old Car Festival and No Barriers. Anybody Concerned?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Car Festival and No Barriers. Anybody Concerned?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 07:02 am:

If you have received your OCF notification, you read that there will be no rope barriers around the cars this year. But, the powers that be at the Village have changed their minds and WILL be putting up rope barriers. So, if some car owners were thinking about not bringing their because of that, please reconsider. And please pass this on to others in the hobby. The Special Events reasoning for no barriers was that they are down most of the time anyway because drivers are in and out of their parking spots driving around, which is encouraged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 07:32 am:

For what it's worth, I have never had a problem with my '16 and for the last few years it's been parked on the boulevard island between the clock shops, never with any ropes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 07:38 am:

Anyone know where the 15's will be parked?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:18 am:

Marty, I for one was in favor of "no ropes." Most people walk over, through and around them anyway. And, we are usually driving so no ropes would make entering and leaving the display area that much easier.

Also, we will have three Model K driving. Would it be possible to do the pass in review wit all three together?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:36 am:

John...looks like you and I can be "lost together"...LOL...I think it'll be just as much fun figuring things out as it will be participating! I plan to get checked into my hotel around 4 PM Friday and then head over as soon as they allow trailers to come in, I think it's around 6?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:38 am:

Rob,

Is there a trailer big enough to hold all three Model K's at the same time? :-)

As Foghorn Leghorn would say: It's a joke son it's a joke!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:16 am:

If you think about it i think MR Ford built the complex to share with everyone!Many many things/activites are to get everyone involved,and to totally experience what is there.I would have thought the letter that spelled it out if your car is covered with double get back bring your own ropes and stands?? For those who drive/share their car's/trucks/the ropes are a pain!If people show interest i demo the car,give rides,pick up hikers,let people in for pictures,take riders on the gas lite tour,and car games.I have met more nice people by sharing our car than setting back and watching!!!!! I hope to see so many of you!! Bud DeLong from Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:37 am:

I don't feel the ropes are necessary. We drive in and out and they are a nuisance. I've also found that virtually all spectators are very considerate of our cars. They often help put the ropes back up after we drive out.

I don't blame them for walking inside the ropes as they often want to get a better view of the inside or back of the car. Some are after better pictures. If the spectators are in the way, they will move if asked politely.

Just my opinion.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:41 am:

Tim,

we will be getting there Saturday morning

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

I HATE the ropes! Makes driving in and out quite troublesome; let the folks crowd around my car - it's not a museum piece it's a driver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

Just talked to Christie an hour ago...she said the ropes will be back. Also got an info flyer in the mail today from them. John, I'll be watching for you. Bill, I agree it's nice to let folks get a closer look at the car, especially the interior if they're interested. Just have to hope no one messes with the paint. New "thing" now is for vandal types to hide those little push pins and "casually" scrape the tops of the fender/ lights with them. I think I have a couple of those on mine from it. A good friend of mine got it on his earlier this year also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Just a few words of thanks in advance for those who do so much for us!! Watch out for the railroad tracks,and the people who pay no attention to the traffic! A very special thank's to the two cops who direct traffic and we need to pay attention to them!! I almost missed security and if you need them they can be there in a hurry!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

Bud's talking especially about the railroad crossing on the back access road near the Firestone Farm. The gaps in the pavement at the rails are very large and the angle is about 45 degrees. A few years ago at OCF a non-Ford old car got caught in the gap and broke the spokes on it's wheel. Always try to cross tracks as near a right angle as you can.

I also go with no ropes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:27 am:

The general consensus was no ropes but there was a faction that didn't like that and got the ropes back up -- for this year. We'll see what happens next year.

Rob, one of the things I've been trying to do is get groupings of cars. It makes things more interesting and move faster. (I like to bring up a steam, gas and, electric car together.) I haven't yet seen the list of cars but I think it would be great fun to get as many "alphabet" cars up with the Model Ks. If you guys are parked together, and I suspect you will be, tell one of the organizers in your parking area that you want to come up to Pass-In-Review together regardless of your registration number. I don't want this to sound wrong, but if there's a problem, use my name.

Anybody else have any ideas for groupings?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 09:51 am:

If i remember right several years ago drivers were asked to fill out a short form telling what special features/accs,your car had/has body mfg on and on.Sure their are alot of cars but some are only 100 years old once!!! Yup,another black ford.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 11:43 am:

Thanks Marty. We should have every alphabet Ford, including both K touring (2) and roadster, lacking only the Model B. Hopefully the early Fords will be co-located.

Just putting the finishing touches together for the "race in review:". :-)

See you in a week,

Rob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration