OT - Always thought roosters woke you up in the morning ...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Always thought roosters woke you up in the morning ...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:25 am:

Not so in Winnemucca, NV

It is a very loud mooing cow at the moment.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Don't you just love it !!! Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 09:01 am:

Well, maybe ya gotta tell the old cow to shut up and fix some breakfast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 09:51 am:

Must be milking time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Having grown up on a dairy farm, a cow mooing a lot was indicative that she was 'in heat'... Be careful, Jim... They can be aggressively loving!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

Few years back the "hobby farmer" next door let our dairy farmer down the other way use some of his land/barn to "store" the pregnant females. Shortly after birth, he'd take away the babies and the moms would moo so much day and night the only way we got any sleep was when the mommy cow finally got hoarse!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

I love the milk commercial where the rooster wakes up the cows, and one of them says, "hit the snooze button" and something flies out of the barn and knocks the rooster over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

My Grand daughter at the age of 10 was spending the night at a friend's house whose father raised cows. while both girls were standing on the back porch, my girl asked her friend what that terrible smell was. Her friend replied that her father told her that's the smell of money. Since I've joined the Model T hobby club, I have no worry of my girl ever smelling that odor around my house. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

Cows and roosters are pretty good alarm clocks, but be best I ever heard was a peacock. Those of you who have heard one know what I mean. They sound like someone with a high voice is screaming while being painfully murdered. The first time I ever heard one it scared me more than any sound I'd ever heard until then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

Peacocks do have a unique call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZVq7WJcbdQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:29 pm:

-Mark-
Am thinking I'd prefer the rooster, or even the cow moo-ing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

I don't know. The neighbor's second wife liked to adopt those wild jackass's. A baby jackass that can't find it's mommy at 2 am, can make a awful noise that compares alot to the peacock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

Mark that aint bad! you should hear about 6 Peahens when they start laying, sounds like a cat being skinned alive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Mack

A Jaskass can make a lot of noise.
And I don't mean the four legged kind! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

Let's not get into political symbols, now....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

Oh, I'm dense, I wasn't even thinking of political party mascots, just some folks who resemble the south end of a north-facing horse!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 01:34 am:

When I stayed at an RV park in Beatty, NV outside Death Valley the wild burros woke us up at sunrise every morning, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:17 am:

I just got a nasty email from the JAADL concerning my post.
It seems that the four legged types don't want to be compared with the two legged ones.

JAADL = Jack Ass Anti Deformation League

It takes all kinds! :-)

Note -the above is not a political statement unless you want it to be.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration