Bought my old car back - 1922 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bought my old car back - 1922 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:14 am:

Last September I sold my 22 Model T for a 1930 Model A. I knew I should not have done it but did it anyways. I like the A, but the T is much more fun. So I looked and looked for a new touring and my car popped up on ebay last week and I bought it back. Not a thing was done to it, just posted to flip.
So I got my car back and all is right in the world. Had to pay dearly for the mistake, but that's okay, lesson learned. Now I have them both

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:13 am:

You need to put some black clothing on that rear wheel. It looks naked. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:44 am:

Brian,

It looks like a '23 to me. The slant windshield and one man top were not used until the 1923 model year. I have an identical car with the same mistake on the title. Although yours looks nicer than mine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

-Royce-
Don'cha know ALL Model T's are 1923's....? Just ask 'John Q. Public'!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

yeah, it's a very late 22

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:10 pm:

I am glad you and the car are happy now. It is always interesting who like T's and who doesn't. I had a Model A for 14 years and drove it a lot. I haven't missed it. Yet some folks who get Model T's never quite fall in love with them. It's a good thing we aren't all the same.

Stay Happy
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

Brian..congrats on getting your car back. How lucky is that! Nice to have that one-man top. Those 2-man tops on the early cars are such a pain, I hardly ever put 'em up unless absolutely necessary. I like the wind in my "non-hair" anyway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

Brian,
WHAT are those accessory headlights on your A???
Look kinda British to me.
I was once going to make a set of turning accessory headlights on my A, but never got a round tuit.
I notice you are still under gas rationing too. . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

You are so lucky to be able to buy your old car back, hopefully it didn't cost you much more than what you sold it for.

I hope the owner of the 1910 touring that has been in his family for 35 year and is considering selling it reads this thread! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

How late is "very late 22"? The 1923 model year begins with September 1922.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG90.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

@Steve - engine is August 22

@David - the fog lights Trippe lights. Bought them at a swap meet and they were totally beat and missing rims. Found some generic headlight rims that fit it, a new set of repro brackets and mounted. Prices for complete Trippe sets are astronomical. I like the look with a running light/fog light combo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

You know, "a bird in the hand is worth-", oh, wow, sometimes you do get both!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

I did similar about thirty years ago, sold my beloved 1966 Chevy II SS to a friend. After three years he wanted to start a small business. It was an easy choice to buy it back.

Unfortunately I make a life decision and sold it to pay for college. Had it for ten fun years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

Brian,
VERY COOL!! Now if you could find the turning mounts so they follow the front wheels. . . .
OK, too much dreamin'!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

Sweet! Now you can enjoy them both. My dad bought his 26 pickup back after having lost it for 19 years. CWA went on strike and it was either that or lose the house. We both cried when it left on a trailer for L.A. It went through some hands and wound up with Chris Egsgaard, who took it to Alaska. On the way home, he made a panic stop for a moose. While making repairs, he found an old registration slip with dad's name. He had known dad in the 50's and made contact through a mutual friend. Some years later he made the reunion possible. It cost a bit more than when dad bought it from the Calabasas wrecking yard in 1959 for $25, but time changes things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 07:04 am:

Brian,

I'm glad you were able to purchase your car again. And it is often nice to have an open car and a closed car so you can pick the best one for the temperature that day.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cur off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration