Hemmings Auto News - March 1966 - Model T Parts Ads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hemmings Auto News - March 1966 - Model T Parts Ads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:11 am:

A buck sure got you a lot more 49 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Think we could get bob to honor those prices in the above ad? haha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

Jay, you certainly know how to bring back memories. Hemmings was one of the few links to the old cars world when I was a kid. It was much better than J. C. Whitney. Bob's, Hank's Vintage Auto Parts and Darel Leipold were almost like super heroes to us. Imagine the thrill I got seeing Darel's name here on the Forum 50 years later.

We lived at 383 North Placer at the time but the Hemming's office modified the address slightly. In a small town like Idaho Falls, they had no problem delivering to us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

Jay

Is there a page with Model T's for sale?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

I have a similar catalog from 1960. Complete gasket set (copper head gask.) $3.10. Ammeter $0.95. Carb. new.(Tillotsen) $8.65. Floor mats. Front (in red, green or white) $16. Black $12. Rear mat $8. There is no sale page specifically for T cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

Can I still get one of those 'exhaust whistles'???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:04 pm:

The supply might be exhausted. . . .
(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

Dave, here are a few from Aug. 1966. I edited out names and addresses.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

Back when a dollar was still a dollar and most guys only had a quarter! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart. Bakersfield, Calif. on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

When someone invents a time machine...I'm heading back with a pocket full of money and a big bag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:46 am:

Richard,

By the looks of your old address, you lived "no place" in particular ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 02:12 pm:

Burger, sometimes Idaho seems like no place but I like it here. I was surprised that all 12 issues arrive there.

Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration