Free carburetor info

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Free carburetor info
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

This "antique-auto-brass-carburetor-carb-zenith-04-T-manifold" that is on ebay is not for a T. It is off a teens Chevy 490.

It's not mine and this is free info so take it for what you paid for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 04:31 pm:

Thank you Stan for the heads up for those that may be looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Stan, how about some free carb info on how to stop those new genuine original style needle valves from leaking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/508178.html?1422895026

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

I made a set for my valve grinder to regrind the tips. If you look back through the threads from the past I posted some photos of how rough the new ones are. They are being cut on a lathe instead of being ground like they should be. So I made a setup to grind them in my SnapOn valve machine. Then I polish them in my Unimat lathe with a very fine India stone and good honing oil. Then I install it in the seat and give it a good smack with a lbbfh. Then I screw it into a holder I made, suck on it to see if it will hold vacuum. If it will I put a little spring on it to hold it tight in the seat (about the pressure the float puts on it), put it under water and blow high pressure air through it. If it holds I use it, if it doesn't I say several choice words and do it again. Works for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

James; I use valve lapping compound and "lap" the needle and seat works and is worth the effort :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration