Non Model T Carb but era correct

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Non Model T Carb but era correct
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:16 am:

Gaining on it. I've been working on this off and on for 7 or 8 months. Had to find a couple parts carbs for it. It had a lot of pipe wrench and hammer adjustment and had laid in the mud for 40 or 50 years before they dug it out and sent it to me. Should have it done tomorrow and test run and in the mail. I figure I have as much time in this as I would have in 8 or 10 OF rebuilds. It's not all profit. Turning out pretty cool tho. I'll post more photos tomorrow, just too tired tonight to finish putting it together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:18 am:

It is a Kingston twin fuel carb for a 1910 Hart Paar tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 11:02 am:

The twin 5-ball Kingstons were also used on the big Avery tractors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 11:57 am:

A good surgeon could separate them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

Dr. Ben Carson said he had separated conjoined Twins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

The ball covers and steel balls are larger then the 5 ball for Model T Fords. None of the parts seem to fit the Ford model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

This is a huge carburetor. It is almost a foot long, weighs about 10 pounds and has 11/16ths balls. I had to make a couple ball caps for it. There is nothing that would interchange with a 4 or 5 ball for Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Nice. Is it a dualfuel,or all gas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

It is a dual gasoline/kerosene. By the way, 11/16 balls are hard to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 02:30 am:

Done, leak tested, test run, in a box, gone tomorrow. 16 lbs, 6 oz.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration