Sorry, no new pictures this time.
This week we pulled the valves. It was an "all hands" job with me compressing the valve spring, one scout holding the flashlight and another pulling the pin from the valve stem - thus no pictures.
We started the project with one stuck valve that had been open when the car was last turned over. Add a little moisture and a lot of time and that beast was stuck solidly in the block. After two weeks of soaking and tapping, hitting, prodding, poking, knocking and several unscout-like sentiments, I finally started drilling out the stem when the heat and/or pressure relief allowed the stem to break free. The fun wasn't over, however, because the stem pin had wallowed in the hole enough to cause a burr edge that wouldn't go through the guide. Out came the reciprocating saw... The valve is out -thank goodness.
Best to all.