Where's the Thimble ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Where's the Thimble ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:52 am:

Thought the group might enjoy this. Had some radiator shell problems; a broken fitting on one side and lost thimble on the other. I fixed the broken side by riveting an L shaped bracket of steel using cut off nails for rivets. Couldn't find a thimble in my box of old used parts. I just couldn't see spending $8 post for a $1.50 part and waiting for a new thimble from the suppliers ... so I cut the buggered end off the bottom of an old steel dope cup and it did the job.

thimble

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Good old Yankee ingenuity! Great job Mark!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration