Model T project for kids

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T project for kids
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

I am going to be bringing our T's in to my sons School to show the other kids and give them a lesson on Henry and Model T's. I thought I would start out with a quick power point giving them some history and then show them the cars and give them a ride. I would also like to do a craft type project with them related to the cars. By the way this is a third grade class. I was thinking of using the assembly line idea to make something I just am looking for ideas on what to make. I would like to find something with very little prep work. Any Ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

Make pinewood derby style cars. You can easily set the bodies up the look like Model Ts before the demo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

when I taught assembly line for a school module, I bought a ton of pens that could be disassembled into 5 or 6 pieces. Put the kids in groups, mix all the pieces together and have them assemble. Time it. Then have each group segregate out the pieces and each person assembles a different part and hand off. Time it. Then have group competitions to see who can do it the fastest with some prize at the end. Works pretty well. good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Take some identical items made of several parts, like small Lego toy kits. Split them into two groups. Let one group do their assemblies alone and have the other group act as an assembly line to see which group gets them all done first.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration