National park to park tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: National park to park tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Last spring I heard someone speak of a recreation of the national park to park highway tour that was coming up. Anyone have any information on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 11:19 am:

I think Dean is on it. He's been posting pictures on Facebook. Yesterday they were from Glacier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 11:45 am:

And George Akin from TN, he built his T camper trailer from scratch!

Seems they are having fun.

Doing more than 200 miles on some days too!
This is Dean's GPS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

Can anyone post a link to the facebook account or other photos. The National Parks touring is a bucket list item for me ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

Donnie

Facebook works by asking to be 'friends' with another. You can't just post a link.

Register with Facebook, then type in the line for 'Find Friends' and then 'ask' 'Dean William Yoder' or 'Hobart Akin' to be 'friends' with you and then you see their Facebook threads. You have to search using their Facebook registered names.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

You do not have to "friend" Dean it is open for all to see.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/dean%20william%20yoder/keywords_top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Maybe you have to be a FB member to access the page. I just tried that link and it wouldn't open for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Dan, Thanks. I have Facebook, but use it very little. Ill have the wife find it for me .. I clicked on Les's link and nothing. It just had a note saying "it did not understand" and "please ask in another way"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Yes you have to have a face book account, sorry I should have stated that....les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

I finally had to open a Facebook account because the friends I was trying to keep in touch with stopped sending me pictures in emails and kept referring me to their facebook pages.

If I recall correctly, the only information you HAVE to give to Facebook to open an account is your name, email address, and birth date. You can add a lot more, of course, but those three things are all that you HAVE to enter.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010190884057

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

I used a fake date of birth. No one needs that info and I get birthday greetings 6 months early. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

I just "Checked it Out".........he has some great photos and videos posted....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 09:32 am:

Years ago, a friend of mine told me that whenever he subscribed to a new magazine or service, he would intentionally mis-spell his name. Then, if he started getting junk mail addressed to the bogus name, he would know who had sold his information.

What he did with that knowledge he never said....:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

I think we missed Dean and George by just a few minutes on sat at Crater Lake. We just got back from a 5 day trip to Union Creek and the surrounding area. Had a great trip. The only down side was the smoke from the fire in the NW corner of the park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

I am at Plymouth on Highway 49 I will be heading for Yosemite tomorrow.Having a great time 4,540 miles so far. I did Rim road Monday leaving Crater Lake No smoke. Lassen Volcanic was Cold bet still lots of fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 12:16 am:

Dean

What do you have hidden in that trailer of yours? Just a tent and some stakes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 10:22 am:

This is Dean's T Touring trailer/camper a couple of years ago, perhaps he carries more stuff now.

Of course, he also has his Improved rig, a '26 Runabout pickup, with self-contained camping facility!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration