Another case to have a dash cam...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Another case to have a dash cam...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

With all the recent T accidents, perhaps we need to 'arm' ourselves? Personally, I like the AIR HORNS idea!
http://www.powernationtv.com/post/woman-denies-fault-after-she-causes-crash

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Sometimes, even sirens don't help....
http://www.powernationtv.com/post/car-pulls-out-in-front-of-fire-truck-respondin g-to-call

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 02:27 pm:

Mary,
I don't know about other states, but here in California hearing is not a requirement to obtain a drivers license and operate a motor vehicle. Over the years I've personally known people who are completely deaf and with that handicap still have a license and drive regularly.

IMHO, both video clips amplify the need to LOOK before moving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Kolano - London, On., Canada on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

I'm sorry, but that young lady must be blind and stupid to not see a fire truck coming with it's lights flashing and sirens going.

I used to drive ambulance and was always amazed at the number of people who were not paying attention while driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

In some countries (like Russia) nearly every car has a dash-cam for litigation self-defense. There are a lot of smart phone app's for dash-cam functionality from your smart phone.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

The photo from the fire truck looks to have a fairly young lady driving. (The age of invincibility!)
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 12:44 am:

I ride a motorcycle daily and drive my T when I can and worry about this stuff. Also drive a Fed Ex truck for work, one of our trucks just got totalled. The guy who hit it, said he did not see it ? scarey stuff out there, be safe - best we can

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 01:11 am:

In the 1980's, I was a fireman on my very first call; on my very first day after graduating from training. The driver of my truck approached an intersection with sirens and air horns blaring. A 1 ton truck, pulling a 30 or 40 foot long goose neck trailer was speeding on the cross street and chose to take his chances beating us through the intersection. He and his truck made it, but we hit his trailer right in the middle. His trailer was totaled and our fire engine was out of service for probably three months, getting a new cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen 40 miles west of chicago on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 05:31 am:

This is what I use:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053DDNW6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_deta ilpage_o07_s00

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration