Tudor window regulators

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tudor window regulators
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Laverne Buller on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 02:42 pm:

I'm fairly new to the forum. What a wealth of information. This won't be the last posting about my 23-25 Tudor. I got some good information on the folding seat yesterday. Today I'm asking if anyone has window regulators or parts thereof. My T needs 4. I have one. They are the ones with a gear box that turns a square thread screw that pulls an arm up and down. They are not available in any of the catalogs. The one I have, needed a new case for the gear, which I was able to make. If worse comes to worse, if someone has the gears, I can make the rest. But, hopefully, someone also has the screws. I need these before I can install the upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 02:48 pm:

Sorry, can't help you with any regulators. Just a tip, this post sounds like a "wanted" ad, try putting it in the Classifieds thread. Good luck with your project!

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

These are very hard to come by. One of the forum members did some castings of the cases a few years back but I don't remember who, maybe he will come forward. If I had extra gears I would be glad to help you as the gears and threaded rods don't seem to ever wear out. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/132612.html?1269956253

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 07:28 am:

Laverne, I have 2 of these gear and threaded shaft assemblys. The pot metal cases are shot but you say you can make them. I made mine for my 24 tudor. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

I had the same issue with my '24 Tudor. I had all four original regulators but the pot metal cases were falling apart. I got four new CNC machined gear cases from the following gentleman: Craig Kepner, 410-746-1631, kepnercraig@yahoo.com. I was very happy with them and they work perfectly with the original gears I already had. I considered them to be very fairly priced. Bruce Kile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

Window regulators for the 23-35 T's are not being reproduced. One of the type that was used in this era ( 3 maybe 4 types?) which has the gears in them some individuals are reproducing but not the whole mechanism. They are where you find them and its not many places.
I found one for my 24 Coupe's left door and it took 3-4 years. I finally found the remains of one on Ebay. Luckily it was repairable. Been going to Chickasha several years except last year and never saw any kind.
These are items that would sell if somebody reproduced them but they would be fairly expensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

I had a set of four,rebuilt at Chickasha. Couldn't get any interest in them. They are not easy to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

They do show up at swap meets. Many of us don't recognize them when we see them unless we need them. I thought a picture might help. I finally found 4 for my Tudor.
Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration