Mac's trashing ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mac's trashing ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Macs downloaded several pages for us to sort through in order to look at Model T parts on E-bay. I went in to see how much sorting I would have to do to find my usual parts, 1,350 items!!!
NOT COOL! I have the catalog, don't make me stop searching ebay to avoid Mac's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

I think you can block that seller under perfs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Good call, I have never done that but I will, Is that a permanent setting or do I have to do it each time I search?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

It's a permanent setting. I did it weeks ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

Go to the search you have regarding Model T stuff, and look at the column on the left. Scroll to the bottom and click on "More Refinements" then "Sellers". You can then exclude a seller from your list. Select "Specific Sellers", then "Exclude". Cut and paste the Mac's seller ID into the proper spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

You can also uncheck the "new" box on the left side of the screen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

Russell, Yup, Nothing like pissing in the E Bay pool on Macs part!

looks like I'll be blocking another BOZO seller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 07:41 am:

GIVE IT A REST!..
I have no vested interest in Mac's but why does this forum constantly bad mouth this vendor IF YOU DON"T WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM THEN DON"T BUY FROM THEM!

By the way I don't see anyone complaining about the other five vendors who sell Model T parts on E-bay. And if I listed their names on here I'd be banned from the forum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 09:07 am:

There is no need to post an entire, page after page catalog on ebay. There are some other junk sellers who post their rodent rod stuff the same way. I try to report them for browsing manip. when I have the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 09:42 am:

I don't think that this is being talked about because they don't like Macs or buying parts from them, It is because when we search on e bay, we are looking for other than new parts or deals. It just makes looking for deals on e bay a more time consuming process. If we were looking for new parts, we would go to there web site. Many people sell new stuff on e bay ,should Macs be band, I don't think so. It sounds like refining the search is the best bet. Also if Macs only listed Deals/discounted items, it would still give the folks the option to go their store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 09:51 am:

Here is how to block a seller's items from showing up in a saved Ebay search (not advocating it, just providing the information):

"Select "advance search", find item, put in your search keywords, scroll down to "sellers", click only show items from:, then change the drop down menu from "include" to "exclude", fill in your seller's name, click the "search" button, then select "follow this search" to save it."

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 11:04 am:

MACS is the only vendor that assigned a new part number to every Ford part.

Was it just to make comparing prices with other vendors almost impossible?

I complained to someone at MACS on the phone and was told there was a cross reference in the back of their catalog.

Then I told them I was ordering parts for a VW Bosch 009 distributor and there was no cross reference.

Then I was told they would not have those parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 11:12 am:

James, No problem you just need a copy of this when using their catalog.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

On a side note, I ordered some parts for my flathead projects from Macs, they arrived fast and to my satisfaction. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

I enjoy their catalogs, not the best on prices but they do make the effort to satisfy customers, I feel. They specialize in tons of different cars with dozens of vendors. I can't knock em. They keep people employed. Support em none the less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

GIVE SAVING THE WORLD A REST!
I DO HAVE a vested interest in my model T projects. Ebay has been my most reliable resource for all of my hobbies since 1999.
This thread was posted because I had a Model T related problem, I took a members suggestion and clicked "USED" at the left of the search page and it eliminated ALL of the dealers that are gumming up Ebay, NOT JUST MAC'S.
Unfortunately some dealers do list many good used and rare parts, I may have lost access to those venders.
WHY MUST I DEFEND MYSELF FOR POSTING HERE?

IF YOU DONT LIKE OTHER PEOPLES VIEWS/NEEDS DON'T READ THEM! (try getting a hobby)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

Clicking the used only will not eliminate the dealers listings of used parts only the new stuff unless it is NOS/NORS sold as a new part. Any used parts sold by them will still show up.

Re;
WHY MUST I DEFEND MYSELF FOR POSTING HERE?
No one is asking you too.
This is an open forum and people will voice their opinions, you are not the only one reading this. People are not just responding to just you. Unless the comments are directed at you, they are just general comments about the subject and are not meant to be personal attacks.

IF YOU DONT LIKE OTHER PEOPLES VIEWS/NEEDS DON'T READ THEM! (try getting a hobby)
See above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

The reason for new part numbers is Ford motor company started charging all dealers for using original part numbers in their catalog start 1928 and up, thank God they did not hit us for the 1909-27 part numbers. we dealers have to pay royalties for any item with Ford script on them, I also list parts on e bay but discount most for sale prices, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Copping on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Are "Mac's" the same outfit / people they were say 25 years ago ? Back in the days before internet I ordered some stuff from them via advert in The Vintage Ford I think. I had to import, pay duty, do customs forms etc only to recieve a pile of CRAP. What were ordered as "laminated" bearing shims, arrived chomped out of solid brass sheet !
Other parts were poor quality also. Perhaps they though export orders were a good way to unload crap ? Have not dealt with them since !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 07:24 am:

I have got nothing but good parts, speedy delivery, and some parts I bought are not sold by the other vendors. I have always been answered to all my e-mails, Lang's has never answered any of them. To each his own, but I'm sticking with Mac's, because of experience, NOT because of what others say, or just because they are members on here!

I run into a lot of vendors down loading crap, that has nothing to do with what I'm searching for on e-bay. Mostly books, and signs, or steering knobs, at least he put on car parts!

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 08:44 am:

I have had nothing but good service from Mac's over the last 3 years that I have been restoring my T. I have had no quality issues with the parts from them and I was able to return some parts after 6 months with no problem. If you get on their email list they will send notices of many specials and sales. Last week I ordered a small order, $129.00 with free freight. I did my comparison with Snyder's and Langs and . Macs parts were slightly higher but factoring in the free freight at $17.00 I was still saving 9.00 by buying from Mac;s and they shipped the next day. Maybe some of you who are complaining might consider giving Mac's another try, you might be surprised... Just my thoughts on the subject. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 06:06 am:

Perhaps they are seeing the error of their ways, but quick shipping did NOT used to be their forte. As a matter of fact, seems like they used to charge extra to process your order in a timely fashion. There are other vendors that ship same day or at least next day as a matter of course. My biggest problem with Mac's was the attitude of the people there when I called about an order that I had not received. I thought I had given them PLENTY of time to have processed and shipped my order and for me to have received it. THEY thought I was being ridiculously impatient and TOLD ME SO! So let me get this straight. If I had ordered from one of the other suppliers, I would have received my order 3-4 days ago, but Mac's hasn't even shipped it yet? And I'M being impatient? The poor service was bad enough, but the attitude was the clincher. If it had been a matter of "Sorry Sir, we were out of stock. It just came in today. We'll get that right out to you" or even "I'm terribly sorry Sir. It looks like your order fell through the cracks. I'll make sure this goes out today", it would have been one thing, but instead, I got something to the effect of 'It's only been a week and a half, give us a chance!. If you need it THAT bad, I guess I can see if we can get it out in the next few days'. I don't recall the exact exchange, but it was something along those lines. Certainly not the way I would treat a customer.

Like I say, there are legitimate reasons for a delayed shipment, but there is no excuse WHATSOEVER for the attitude. I'll not do business with them again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Waddell sr. on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 08:47 am:

I am glad to see this thread. I was curious as to why there was so much vitriol about Mac's. I have used them over many years and only had one problem that they were happy to correct. That was long ago before the Ecklers acquisition. A Model A radiator that top tank was mis-shaped. They agreed to let me have it repaired locally and get credited for the cost. My most recent order included 4 "T" spark plugs. I only got three and the other one was back ordered. other vendors would have called or emailed to give me a "heads up". They didn't. In an order of over $700.00. no biggie.
As far as quality of the parts.. I suspect most dealers are selling the same "every day" parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:32 am:

I go to ebay to look for better prices,used parts and such.Not dig thru the same stuff again that I just looked at in the catalog of the venders I prefer. I also dig in the paper catalog before buying to make sure the ebay purchase with shipping cost added does not add up to the same or more than I can get it new from a vender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 10:41 am:

I suppose it depends on how you search ebay? I haven't found any Mac's parts yet flooding my search and I do like this:

I put "model t" in brackets in the search box, search and choose ebay motors at the left side, than choose "time:ending soonest" at the top instead of the default "best match". Only items that aren't Model T in this search are all the chinese alu hot rod radiators, but the rest of it is pure T stuff, about 3,500 listings, but the first 4 x 200 pages will usually show you enough T stuff for a while and you're back at auctions that ends 5 days from now :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 10:53 am:

If this is the most you have to stress and complain about in life- you have it good. I'll worry about bigger stuff for now.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration