Old Photo - Ouch ! Said The Little Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Ouch ! Said The Little Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 07:35 am:

Jay,

As always thank you and others for posting so many great old photos showing the cars back in the day. If you happen to know where I could obtain a higher resolution copy, I have a couple of questions about the photo.

I cannot figure out if it does or does not have a front door on the left side of the body also. Below is a photo of a 1915 touring front seat section – note there are not any tacks in a curve such as the upholstery tacks on a door bottom would run. And there is only a single row of upholstery tacks running vertically on the left side (USA driver’s side) false door area: (photo appears in several books etc. and has been posted several times. Photo is dated Jan 26, 1915 ref page 68 of “Henry’s Wonderful Model T” by Clymer and pg 164 in Stern’s “Tin Lizzie”)

Above is that same general area from the photo you posted.

I suspect the emergency brake handle and perhaps torn upholstery is what I am really seeing above. But a higher resolution copy would possibly answer that. It has a lot of details showing it is a 1915-1916 style car. I would lean towards very late 1915 to 1916 as I don’t notice any brass trim on the lamp rims (although it might be there – and if it is then 1915 and not 1916 if USA. If by a slim chance there is a left hand door then it is Canadian (or after market accessory door as the English built 1915-1916 Fords were all RHD). It has the louvered 1915-1916 hood, riveted windshield brackets and equal length windshield hinges (both continued into the 1917 model year in the USA production).

Again thank you for posting the photos!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Judging by the front tires, this appears to be a USA produced car and would not have a door on the left side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 11:35 am:

The bulb for the horn and Stewart speedometer are visible. Seems to have the brass style quadrant.

I don't see brass light trim but it may be there.

My guess is early 1915 touring.

Ken in Texas

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration