Old Photo - City Garage FORD Tow Truck On The Job

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - City Garage FORD Tow Truck On The Job
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 01:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 07:42 am:

Thanks Jay. I'm impressed, look at the difference in wheels and length. What year is the TT? i like the C cab also.

Happy motoring,

Warren

wrecker used daily at Greenfield Village

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 10:18 am:

Maybe someone in Long Beach, Calif. can identify where that photo was taken? Looks like maybe Daisy Ave?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

Love that top! Looks like the custom work that was done in the forties but obviously earlier, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim york, Boise Id. on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

The top looks like it is upholstered. Neet idea and I don't think that it would be hard for an upholstery guy to do. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

I like that cab also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

I like the wrecker that is sill on the job!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

I would call it a service car not a wrecker or tow truck, no boom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

The shape of the bed reminds me of a fire truck. Looks like that type of body was fitted for use as a service truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Looks like a serious and expensive effort was put in that truck. Driver looks serious too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

I would say the car is in need of service! One flat and the tire is missing on the back other side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:08 am:

The roundness of the back of the cab looks all wrong to my sense
of aesthetics, but an interesting truck just the same. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:26 am:

Hay it Califunny, even back then!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:49 am:

Note the Weaver floor jack on the running board. I agree a in town service car.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Looks like there is a 30X3 front wheel in that truck that is ready to go.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration