Accessory lean / rich control for carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Accessory lean / rich control for carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Thought the group might enjoy this. I mounted an old Stromberg air/gas adjuster to the horn/lights assembly n my speedster. Don't have to reach under the dash to the firewall.

air gas mixer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 08:28 am:

Sweet!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 08:30 am:

You need to add the Stromberg OF carb that goes with it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 08:36 am:

Here is the carb I'll be installing soon.

carb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Hi Mark,
That's cool. I have one of the Strombergs similar to the one shown in the ad which came with my car. Is there an advantage to them? I am using the Holley NH.Stromberg Carb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 09:14 am:

Stan you've been rebuilding various models of the Stromberg line of carburetors. If it wouldn't be to much to ask could you rate the model numbers and your experience with their rebuild & performance? I selfishly would like to know myself, I have 2 OF,&1 LF. I just saw a listing for an RF on the sight.thanks in advance John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Both Stan and I are big fans of the OF. The RF is just as good but has issues sometimes with corrosion, being made of zinc / pot metal.

The LF is not as good in my opinion. Pretty looking but not an improvement of any magnitude over an ordinary Holley NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:26 am:

How do I connect with Stan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:34 am:

William,
You might like to read this thread, then click on Stan's name to send him a message.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/91161.html?1258699988

(He's GOOD!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Will; I have Stromber OFs on both of my T's that Stan rebuilt. You won't regret it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 11:17 am:

I must be missing out on an aspect of the Model T experience, I set my mixture control when the car is warming up in the garage and then never touch it while I'm driving.

I guess I'll try fiddling with it during a drive to see what improvements I get. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 11:53 am:

I think there's a difference in garage setting and road setting due to differing conditions. On the road the engine is under load and also likely to be running faster. Takes more gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

I fiddle with both the air/gas and spark on the road to fine tune as needed. Kind of a sport for me to find the best combination.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration