'26 Roadster wood blocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '26 Roadster wood blocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 08:43 am:

Hi, I'm about to put my '26 roadster body on the frame. I took the old blocks off sometime in the 70s and I don't remember where they went. Can someone please help? No. 6 I know came from rear most cross member. No. 1 I have no idea where this goes.I have two if them. I have only one of No. 7 and have no idea where this one goes either, So Nos. 4, 3 and 2 are a mystery to me. I assume they go on the frame brackets, but which ones and in what orientation? No. 3 and 2 are similar but different slightly in thickness. The arrows point to where they were bolted to the brackets. Thank you!26 body blocks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Henry - Werribee, Australia on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 08:56 am:

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/body%20blocks/BodyBlock.htm

I have this link saved for when I get up to the same point with my 27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:14 am:

Thanks Dave, Do you have any idea what block no. 7 and block no. one are for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

I think 3 and 2 go under the cross member which is right in front of the seat. One on each side. No 3 looks like a rat has been chewing on it. No 4 looks like the piece which goes between the crankcase ear and the frame at the rear motor mount. No 6 looks like it goes at the rear of the body. I think no 1 goes along the top of the body just to the rear of the door post. Not sure about no 7.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

Thanks Norman. This makes sense. Not sure you are right about No. 1 but I will check to see if it fits there when I go to the shop where the car is on Tuesday. There is a piece of wood that surrounds the post where the top iron attaches and I have that. As to No. 3, it was a porcupine, not a rat. I should have known about #4. 7 is a mystery. What are the body bolts? Are they carriage bolts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

I found out that No. 1 goes at the bottom of the seat frame to keep the upholstery panel in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

William, my 27 Roadster body is bolted to the chassis at 5 points. I can't guarantee that it is factory original but it does look that way to me.

1 - front of cowl / steel body brackets with 3/8" x 13/16" hex head bolts (castellated nuts) in chassis and 5/16" x 3/4" stove bolts in firewall
2 - rear of cowl / hex head bolt 7/16" x 1"
3 - front of seat / carriage bolt 7/16" x 2" (wood block #2)
4 - rear of seat / hex head bolt 7/16" x 2" (wood block #3)
5 - over rear axle / hex head bolt 7/16" x 4.5" (two piece wood block fixed in U shaped body beam by 2 wood screws).

Pictured below of driver's side as seen from passenger's side. Front of car would be to the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

Thanks Eric for posting this. Are wood block # 1 and #2 the same thickness? Your No. 6 (the rear over axel block is so different from mine (no. 6 on my original posting). Mine is an early '26 so that might account for the difference.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration