Hood Ornament for a Photographer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hood Ornament for a Photographer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 08:49 am:

I work at George Eastman House International Museum of Photography and Film as the process historian. So, when it came to finding just the right hood ornament for my 1919 speedster I mounted this old view finder from a silent motion picture camera of the same vintage. It's a tiny camera obscure and you can actually see the image on the focusing glass.

hood ornament

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:05 am:

Neat concept. I like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 10:34 am:

Can you see the image from the driver's seat? From your title I thought you were going to show us your radiator cap GoPro mount... Not a bad idea, something to do today!

Th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 11:02 am:

That's the "Go Slow Pro". :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Can you see Harold in it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

You need to look straight down to see the image, so .. no you can't view from the drivers seat. And in regards to the GoPro ... hmm ... my specialty is pre-1900 photographic processes. So, that's too new for me. On the other hand, if you need a tintype of a tin lizzy .. I'm your man. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 02:02 pm:

I enjoyed the George Eastman segment on TV this morning. Was it "Good Morning"? I also am glad to see another "Peerless" radiator shell. Thank you for your work and comments.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 01:46 am:

Mark, I got my Senica City View 8x10 out a few days ago. It looks like a mouse munched on the corner of my lens board. The leaf shutter on the 13" is sticking open. Bellows still good, so I I'll have a go at getting it going again!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:36 am:

Terry,

Dust off that camera and take one of our workshops. We have at least twenty different workshops offered this year. If you want someplace warm to go this February you can take our 8x10 dry collodion negative workshop in Yucatan ... shooting the Mayan ruins of Uxmal. Pretty neat!

see: http://eastmanhouse.org/events/detail.php?title=photo-workshop03_2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:38 am:

Terry,

Dust off that camera and take one of our workshops. We have at least twenty different workshops offered this year. If you want someplace warm to go this February you can take our 8x10 dry collodion negative workshop in Yucatan ... shooting the Mayan ruins. Pretty neat!

see: http://eastmanhouse.org/events/detail.php?title=photo-workshop03_2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 11:13 am:

Yeah, I just wish I could find film for the 1925 (according to sales receipt) brownie I display on the seat of my roadster at car shows. (sigh) But I wouldn't even know where to get dektol these days:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

We teach how to make the silver bromide gelatin emulsion and how to coat it on flexible support. Come and take a workshop. Oh ... we'll show you how to make the developer too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration