More than a T but less than a TT ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: More than a T but less than a TT ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 11:57 am:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/5207921797.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

Very nice and more practical than a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 04:39 pm:

TT closed cab on a T chassis. Big cab looks a little out of proportion on the car chassis. I could get over that as these cabs are comfortable for a man my size, much more so than a C-cab. Priced right I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

I live in the area and don't know this car!!! I wonder where it has been hiding? Looks like a 26/7 hogs head and a distributor ignition system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

I always thought the chassis extension needed for a Warford would be about enough to make that combo look right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

You could haul lots of STUFF in that rig, Constantine. That might be just what you've been looking for. I think Mack has a good idea. And I agree with Erik, the price looks right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Mack, that's what I did with my 1917 shooting brake. Rather than add 12" into the chassis, I joined two damaged chassis together, with the extra foot at the single join. It lets you build a longer body that still looks in proportion.

That truck shown does not look to be on an extended frame. The close relationship between the rear wheels and the running board is just like a standard car.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

Mack, that's what I'm doing on my project. By using the cast iron warford with the u-joint in front I can add 16 1/4 inches in the frame. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

Thats not a bad price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

Keith, the cast iron Warford adds "15.750 to the driveline if it is not modified. I have shortened many shafts for these things and that is the dimension I use. I agree with Mack, that is just about right to put things in proportion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

If you take the box off a Model A pickup, the frame from the cab back is really short too. Nifty looking little flat bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

When Erik Barrett says, "For a man my size", I think of the time he picked up a model A block with the crank in it and carried it about 30 feet and set in the back of my pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Thanks Eric for the info, I really had not done a precise measurement so that gives me what I need. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

Just putting a couple of pictures here as a reference if the ad disappears:

t tt cab
t ttcab2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration