1926 Model T out for a drive on Labor Day Weekend 2015

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1926 Model T out for a drive on Labor Day Weekend 2015
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Sunday September 6, 2015 my very good friends Ken, Sandra & Paul, Marilyn came up to the house and we took our Model Ts out for a drive and lunch. Ken was having trouble climbing some hills, because his '23 touring was getting low on fuel. I stopped at the top and started back to see if he needed help and got stuck in some soft sand on the edge of the road. That's when you really find out who your true Model T best friends are, when you need a push to get back on the road. All's well that ends well and we ended up having a really great time. Thanks again, Ken and Paul!!!!

Happy motoring,
Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2TvWPV86rE&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Great video, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Thanks Mark, I have been trying to figure out what is making the knocking noise. I think it may be stones hitting the front fender, because I do not hear that noise when I'm driving on pavement nor do I hear it all the time in this video.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

Love that video! It coulda been taken from my 1927 touring. The same color and everything...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Nothing beats "out for a drive in your T" unless it is with some of your best T friends! Mark, we were on our way to lunch in Hillsborough, NH and then to drive the Currier & Ives Byway. John I would like to see a photo of '27. I really enjoy driving those back roads and the stone walls are beautiful.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Always enjoy your videos of my old stomping grounds! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

Thanks Gary, do you have your Model T with you? I'll bet you have some great scenic drives in Santa Isabel.

Be safe,

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Try moving the tie rod up and down when the car is parked. I had some end play in the bolts holding the tie rod to the spindle arms. Those bolts have an offset so the nut can only be tightened so far. Made a leather ring to take up the space. That stopped the rattle on gravel road.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 06:59 am:

Thanks Norm, I will check that out.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration