What is a Model T? The eye of the beholder.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What is a Model T? The eye of the beholder.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 03:50 pm:

Yesterday when I went grocery shopping in my modern car, one of the boys at the market commented that I wasn't driving my "old truck".

Hearing that from a teenage boy wasn't quite as surprising as it was from the rancher who was afraid that "all those old trucks" on last fall's Model T tour would scare his cows. Yesterday was at least the third time in the past year that I've heard a Model T automobile called a truck. I've always known the difference, but then, I'm old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

If it isn't glossy and slick and shaped like something a rat left behind then it must be a truck.
From another old guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

Steve, is that your truck ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Steve,
You have gotten younger and prettier! Who is that driving your car?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Nice Truck Mr Jelf, seems the fuel problem is gone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Yeah, I get that too in both Karen's '18 Touring and my Model A Town Sedan. What's even worse, I've had some people call my TT a car! I don't understand it, but it looks as if it's not an isolated incident.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

What, no funny hats?

And coming from someone that is always complaining about blurry pictures, we'll not get into your photographic awareness--That sun is blinding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

I drove my T a few years ago, as it appears in my profile picture, to the store. Nobody called it a truck but when leaving a lady asked my wife and I if that was all we could afford to drive. Guess I should have painted it first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Folks down on the "Po Fahm" cain't be too picky. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 11:02 pm:

Corey-
You need to update that profile picture!

-Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration