Starter terminal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Starter terminal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

A while back someone posted a picture and description of how to fix the starter terminal when the copper piece inside the starter is broken caused by the terminal bolt spinning when the cable is tightened to the starter. I have found that condition inside a starter which I am trying to fix for a friend. All the other parts look like new and must have been rebuilt shortly before the car was sold. Maybe a long time ago, because there is a price of $60 on a sticker on the starter, and they have not been that price for a long time. But the car has not been driven for a long time. Anyway, I need to order that copper strip which is connected to the starter terminal bolt and don't know where to get one.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

Norman
Give me a call. I think I can help.
Ron Patterson
859-881-1677

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration