Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

Since I bought my 1920 runabout last April, I have been trying to download a picture to the site. I finally figured out how to do it. It's been a real treat learning about the T. The forum has really helped. Thanks to all who post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

Nice car, thanks for sharing the pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Those must be some OLD tires! 30 x 3-1/2" whitewalls haven't been available for many years. They look nice, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Monday, September 07, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Mike. The tires still have plenty of tread and look fairly good. I do not know how old they are. When I first got the car, I looked in the catalogues and did not see any 30 x 3/12 whitewalls. When they need changing, I'll have to go to black tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Very nice car! Here's a picture mod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 05:04 am:

David,
Very nice roadster. Welcome to the hobby and forum.

Ken,
How were you able to enlarge the pic? When I resize to meet the size limit the pics often look like thumbnails.
Thanks,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 05:09 am:

very nice thanks for posting the Pic. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 06:05 am:

David,

Great looking runabout! Have you joined one of the local clubs and/or met some of the local T folks near you? From memory -- not that great sometimes -- there are two local chapters both about 2 to 3 hours from you. But there are several folks in the Charlotte, NC area that post on the forum and have Ts. Have you been able to meet some of them etc.?

And while your T looks great -- since it appears you relatively new to Ts -- have you had a chance to confirm what type of thrust washer/bearings are in the rear axle yet? If you do not know if they have been replaced with bronze when it was rebuilt -- please take a look at the safety comments at: not please take a look at the safety

There are some known safety issues with Model T Fords. It can be good servant but like the horse it replaced for basic transportation it can kick you (forget to retard the spark and hand crank it) etc. if you you in certain situations. It is good to know which situations to check for and to avoid learning from first hand experience. If you haven’t already, I would recommend you review the safety information posted on the thread http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541535.html scroll down to 8th posting (the one with lots of links to “oops” conditions.

Finally if you have a chance please look at the floor board riser (the part that the top two floorboards rest on) on the passenger side of your car. Some but not all of those risers will have a letter and a series of numbers stamped on them. See: the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html and while it focuses on the 1915 era cars the 1906-1922 cars often also had a body number. By 1920 Beaudett bodies were using a metal floor board riser but they were still stamping the body number there.

Again, great looking T and glad you figured out how to post the photo. Like starting the T – it is easy once you see how it is done.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:16 am:

Rob - As explained many times before, it's the file size that has a limit on the forum--NOT the image size. I'm not sure why so many have a problem understanding the difference.

I use a free utility called IrfanView to modify/enhance pictures. It allows you to size a picture independent of the file size. You can specify a maximum file size during the Save. The actual picture size stays as you select.

I enlarged David's picture to 800x600 pixels, performed a few Sharpen ops, then saved the picture with a maximum file size of 186KB. (my default)

By the way, It only took a few clicks of the mouse button.

(Message edited by ccwken on September 08, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:02 am:

I use IrfanView also. It's easy to use, and fast. I do a "save as" after re-sizing and put an "s" at the end of the file name so the re-sized photos are easy to pick out from the original. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

Thanks, Ken for the picture mod. I will have to try that. Hap, there is a guy here who has been a great help. He spent one afternoon with me getting me going in the right direction. As for the body numbers, I cannot find any on the riser, or below the seat. There is a plate on the firewall that has been painted over. There could have been numbers on that. There are numbers on the hogshead that probably wouldn't have anything to do with the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

all this pic resizing is just !!!!!!!!!!!!! why not get a site with automatic rezizer like everone else has??????????????????????????????.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

p.s. i will be on a 3 week trip out west.so i will leave everyone alone.not in a t but an old 96 ford pu. latter charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

David,

I'm glad to hear you have help near by. And thank you for looking for the body number. The ID Patent Plate attached to the dash will not have a stamped number on a USA produced car after about mid 1915. And the number that was stamped on the ID Patent plate from 1906 to Oct 6, 1911 was the same as the engine serial number. And from Oct 6, 1911 to mid 1915ish was the car number and not the body number ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc11.htm see Oct 6, 1911. And if you would like additional information about why that number called a body number in that Oct 6, 1911 entry is really the car number -- let me know and I'll dig it up again. I just looked but I could not find it.

Again, thank you for letting me know you did not find a number.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration