Mechical User Manuals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mechical User Manuals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:38 am:

Hopefully I can benefits from other experiences.

I pretty practical and have a reasonably sound knowledge of mechanics and usually find my way around, basic checks and servicing I have taught myself through the internet, general advice and a number of exploded diagrams and of course advise on here and the UK forums. This might be a straightforward question.

I am looking for and wondered what people experiences of the best mechanical manual for Model Ts. Something that is more in depth so not just the basics but explains how to take apart and assemble.

I'm from the UK but my father and uncle both spend time in the US, so can bring back rather than pay the hefty shipping charges for heavier items.

Any advice appreciated especially for those that have had to use to work through problems or dismantling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:46 am:

These will tell you just about anything you need to know.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:49 am:

That was nice and straightforward :-)

Do you known what the normal timescales are for delivery (sorry not obvious on the site, but probably missed somthing) my dad is out in the US for about another 10 days so can order direct to his home, but wont be returning for about 2 months!

(Message edited by new2t on September 08, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:08 am:

TT: Ironically I have three of the Model T bibles. 1 is like new, the other 2 are well used. As Steve said get all the books he has shown you. Don't just read thru them but read them several times. Believe me you will get a wealth of information out of the the "Black one" I have a 2 black ones and a tan one. You will see things that will peak your interest to the point you will check it out and find not only how it ;works but why it works.
Now lastly "WELCOME TO THE MODEL T LIFE"

I have a 1919 Touring and then put a 1917
Depot Hack together and have in the back of mind a speedster in my thoughts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:12 am:

You can order all those books from Lang's. Depending upon where in the US your Dad is located, he will get them within 2-4 days.

You might ask the folks at Lang's about shipping cost to the UK; It won't be a large or heavy package, and they ship there all the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Thanks all, i enjoy a good read and its amazing what you miss first time!

The cost difference, is shipping, vat20% and duty as will be over 18 or around $27 unless marked as a gift which unfortunately Langs will not do. However my father can bring back as a gift for me:-)

(Message edited by new2t on September 08, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:50 am:

I recently bought Glen Chaffin's book on restoring and repairing the Model T axles. The amount of detailed information in this book is amazing. Everything is presented in detail and is easy to understand. If the other restoration manuals published by MTFCA are as good as this one, they are well worth having. I reassembled my rear axle following this book and only made one mistake because I skipped over part of the instructions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

Hi TT, I'm new to this affliction as well and I found a few things on the net and one I thought you might look over to start with is this one.
http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/servicemanual/1925smcolor.pdf
You didn't say what you had. Mine is a 26 Tudor so the info is for it. It's just a start.
Good luck and have fun.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration