Old Photo - Hooterville Flivverball

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Hooterville Flivverball
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:51 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

The "V8" on the left side of the body must have been and advertisement for vegetable juice. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

The Fliverball was/is the Sierra Railroad's Model T railcar, built from a new car originally. It's still there. The "V8" was probably a joke about it having a Ford V-8 engine (which, of course it doesn't have).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

A little OT, but there is a neat video on the restoration of Sierra's #3 steam locomotive, plus other neat resoration videos (no Model Ts, unfortunately) available at this site (I have no connection to the site or its owners).

Some of their videos are shown on PBS occasionally.

http://www.ultimaterestorations.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

I'd rather see a picture of the three girls in the water tower at the Shady Rest Hotel!

Ok, OK my second choice would be the Model T train.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

You can tell that's an indoor set. 2 x 6 boards for railroad ties and no splice plates where the rails are joined together WOW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Gee. Had me fooled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Which episode is that from? I must have missed that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

The petite one on the right is a bit of a dawg...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph W. Rudzik on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Reminds me of the Milwaukee RR. Two by sixes spaced two feet apart. As for the plates, this welded or ribbon rail. Modern!

Joe R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 10:58 pm:

Is that Bobby Jo , Betty Jo, Billy jo and Higgins the dog? Man that's a blast from the past. Thanks Jay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

John, looks like you are right:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

John, looks like you are right:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration