A handy thing to have in the car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A handy thing to have in the car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

A few years ago I bought some LED camp lights and was so unimpressed that I gave them away. But today I was in the local Orscheln store for something else and noticed this.

It's not like a 500 watt shop light, but out on the road in the middle of the night it looks like it would be pretty helpful. It has both a hook for hanging and a magnet for sticking. For only $7.35 each, I think I may keep two of them in my running board tool box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 03:03 pm:

And if you attach a small piece of sheet steel to the underside of a roof bow of your coupe or fordor (before installing headliner)you have a place for this to use this as an interior cabin light.

respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 03:53 pm:

Harbor Freight has them for $3.49

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 04:00 pm:

Yes, but the cost of shipping or driving sixty miles to the HF store makes the $7.35 cheaper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

They are available on amazon prime for $5.95, no shipping or drive:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

Steve. You are deprived. :-)

There are 3 harbor freights within an hour drive of our home, and 3 Lowes, 4 Home Depots, at least 10 dunking donut, 4 Walmarts, and 5 Starbucks within 30 minutes.

I am surprised that you have electricity, running water, and the Internet. :-)
At least you have a slew of T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

Those flashlights can almost always be had for free because they are constantly churning out coupons for it. From last weekend:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

-Erik-
Be nice. That's bordering on mean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

I've ditched all of the standard flashlights in my three cars for LED versions. They are very bright and shine a long time on a charge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

You have to admit that mine is bigger than yours!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

FRed: I stopped by Steve's place in 2012 and told him I would buy lunch. He took me up and we drove his "T" to town and had lunch. You know he is skinny but boy did he pack away the food, who wouldn't when you are being treated to a buffet lunch.Just kidding Steve as it was a pleasure meeting him and seeing his projects. I would do all again, cause he has more to look at.
Fred you mentioned electricity seems there was wind farm in his back yard! h ha Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Ditto on the free at HF. I have a collection of those and the free 3.5" 9-LED flashlights. The 9-LED flashlights are offered pretty much all the time. The 27-LED magnet lights are offered free less often but they do. Get on their mailing list and email list. You'll get coupons all the time. I'm back on the free scissors now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

The free HF flashlights, scissors, measuring tapes, multi-meter / battery testers, tarps, screwdrivers,and even the 'electronic fly swatter' made for an interesting 'White Elephant' gift at Christmas. (And an appreciative recipient!) Did mention to my grandson that he couldn't use the swatter on his brother.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Be careful with those print-it-yourself coupon websites. Some of them install adware onto your computer (don't ask me how I know). :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Mark...you're spot on there! My wife did that and we're still fighting with some of the problems they give.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

The only problem with all these type lights (they work great) is that they only use 3 batteries! Of course batteries come in 2, 4 etc. Like the printers we buy, the printer is cheep they get you on the ink. :-) I have several and they do put out a good amount of light, the ones with the magnet on the back are very handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:29 pm:

Those are handy in the house for power outages, just hang a couple on the wall and you have light without fooling with candles, kerosene lamps or flashlights. Just have to hang the pictures back up. Mark, those batteries are like the oil they always have on sale, 1 gallon, cheap. Perfect for a T but seems like everything else I have takes 5 quarts. Guess if you buy enough it equals out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:33 pm:

LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 12:14 am:

Bill, being called skinny is a delight. After being a fatso for most of my life, I finally got fed up with hauling around an overhanging pot and got rid of it. Sure glad I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 12:19 am:

Mark Strange:

Don't worry - that is a cropped screen shot from one of Harbor Freight's regular emails that I receive.

I also get the monthly paper catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 09:08 am:

Erik
We also get the monthly catalog and when it comes I know that I'll be spending some more money.
My son usually gets to it first and uses a shapie to circle the things we NEED to buy.
By the time I see the catalog there are black circles everywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 09:11 am:

I have about 20 of them From HF but then i only live 3 miles away from the nearest store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 11:52 pm:

Martin Vowell loves his. Guess I gotta get one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration