Weird Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Weird Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

Any one know what this tool is?
Anyone know what this tool is?
Both legs have fine threads at the end and a key lock in the middle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

It's not a tool,it's a spare tire duplexer. It allows you to carry a second spare. They're a neat and not too common accessory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Looks more like an running board duel spare wheel mount and lock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Not a tool. It's for mounting 2 spare tires on the car. The bottom two arms should have pieces like the top. It would have looked something like this;
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/253415-duplex-duel-spare-tire-brackets-pat-1920/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Ha! Eric beat me to it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

I would have posted sooner but had to find a picture of one! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

Paul B, looks like yours is missing the other two dual brackets. Are they maybe around where that was? Some could be made otherwise.
Difficult to tell without some size reference, but yours looks heavier than a lot of those. May be for a larger car. I have a model T sized one on my '24 coupe. They are a nice accessory.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois on Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 11:41 pm:

Thanks guys, I new you would come through.
One fine bunch and with a lot of knowledge.
Many thanks, Paul B

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration