Yellow Speedster - Birthday - Anniversary

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Yellow Speedster - Birthday - Anniversary
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

Joy wanted a Speedster ride to breakfast for her Birthday. It is getting a little cool for that now but the 12 mile drive was great. I realized that it's been 50 years since I got the idea to build a Speedster after seeing one on a Hemmings cover. I'm lucky to have the car and a lady who lets me play with Model T's as much as I do. I still believe it is the Speedster that she fell in love with. I know many of you are similarly Lucky.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

So where is The Rusty Lantern Diner? Is it in Iona?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

Richard,

What are the dimensions of the trunk on the back?
I like the look of it.
Did you build it or purchase it?

Thanks,
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 07:08 pm:

Good guess Kevin. Great place to eat but the drive is our favorite part. Iona has less than 2,000 population. Always a great crowd for an old car.
Larry, the trunk is 28 x 14 x 14 as it sits on the deck. It drops 5 inches inside to the frame. I made it from plywood and covered it with the upholstery vinyl. Latches are from and old Model A trunk.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

Richard,

Thank you.
Looks very nice.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

"A little cool"? Forecast here is for 106 deg. F. today. Wish I was there. Not only cooler but I might even get a ride in a really neat speedster. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

A little warmer today. I'll give you a ride if you can get here before it turns cold, Henry. 65 right now and forecast for 84. When I came out from coffee with the guys there was a young man and his father looking at the Speedster. Turns out the young man has inherited an '11 Speedster in pieces. I took him for a ride around the block. Here's hoping we found another enthusiast or 2. I'll try to keep tabs on them and help get it going.
It is encouraging.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

So we only get one picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

There are some good pictures of it here as well as some other nice speedsters:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/555236.html?1436755355
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/507689.html?1421544075

I didn't want to re-post too many pictures of it. But thanks for asking.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

I'd sure like to see some up-dated photos of Albert Belling's project with the A front axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

lol, I knew I could shame you into some more pictures. Always a pleasure to see your past and present work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

How is Frank this? Al

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Brady on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Thank you Mr. Belling: That's a great looking job, and reminds me of Rajo Ed Gloss' car. Hope to see more soon. Hope I won't be considered trying to "hijack" this thread. Very best of luck and enjoyment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

This is the third day I have taken it out for a morning drive. In a few weeks it will go to the back of the garage. I thought I would post some pictures of details I haven't shown yet.

The Roof head is a little under powered with an NH carburetor. I have been meaning to try out some other carburetion but haven't yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

Thank you Richard. Great looking speedster. I an envious.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration