23-25 Tudor Fenders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 23-25 Tudor Fenders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Laverne Buller on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 08:30 pm:

This won't be my last request for advice. The Tudor I'm restoring came completely disassembled. I'm getting ready to attach the rear fenders to the body before installing the side upholstery. My question is: is there any type of material that should be sandwiched between the fender and the body to seal out moisture? I have some restoration information but I haven't seen anything on this.
Another question: I'm installing a new top and the instructions don't say where the top vinyl ends. Does it wrap around under the wood frame above the doors?
Any help will be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Nothing between the fenders and body. The top material just fold over the top wood to the edge and is covered with the drip rail. It does not fold under the wood frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 02:13 am:

If anything goes between the fenders & the body, it would be a piece of friction tape to keep the parts from rattling or squeaking as one goes down the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 01:02 pm:

The space between the two is a moisture trap. Anything added to that space could trap even more moisture. My '25 Tudor doesn't seem to have any squeaks coming from that area. I put nothing there but paint.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 01:18 am:

Richard makes a very good point!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration