Who Makes The Best Wood Bows?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Who Makes The Best Wood Bows?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul jacobs on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

A week or so ago I posted a question asking who makes the best top kits and got a lot of great responses. I took everyone's advice and ordered from Classtique. Now I need to know where to order new wood bows from. Any thoughts? The car I need them for is a 1927 roadster pickup.
Thanks,
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Last steam bent wood bows I purchased were cracked at the bends. However that was for an early car. If you go that route ask the vendor beforehand if the problem still exists. It may not be an issue with your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

I think RV Anderson still makes them. I do not have any contact info to share with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

RV's brother Jon makes them. He doesn't use a computer, so you'll need to contact him through RV. rvmodelt@netsync.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 12:22 am:

You can make the middle part yourself, but the curved pieces you'll have to buy from Jon, or John Boorinakis in Auburn, California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 02:00 am:

Actually, the middle pieces are curved too. They have a little bit of a bow for drainage. Probably why they're called bows. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 08:02 am:

I got bows for my '16 from here ;

http://ww2.johns-enterprises-top-sockets-top-bows.com

They are laminated and very strong.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 08:16 am:

CORRECTION

THE ABOVE LINK IS INCORRECT

Here is the right link.

http://www.topsockets.com

Sorry ' bout that

Be_Zero _Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration