Does anyone going to OCF have any extra wicks?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Does anyone going to OCF have any extra wicks?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

I am prepping my 1914 Touring for OCF and was checking out the side and tail lights. I found that 2 of them did not have a wick in them. I tried all my local stores and the wicks they had were all too large. I bought one of the ones that was too wide and cut it in half, but it seems too thick... I ordered some smaller ones with 1 day shipping from Amazon and they should arrive tomorrow.

I would really like to run all the lights during the gas light parade at OCF. If you happen to have 2 extra wicks, please bring them along just in case my Amazon order does not arrive on time. Of course I will gladly pay you for them. If you have a couple of extra wicks and will be at OCF, please PM me and I can give you my phone number.

Thanks!
-Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 12:29 am:

Joe,

I use the 1/2 inch wicks from the Walmart camping section. I believe they are about $2.75 for a pack of 5 wicks.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 08:13 am:

Joe I have one if not two, I'll bring 'em. If I only have one, they're long enough I think you can cut it in half and squeak by. I have to check my pile of parts later today. Off for a hectic morning in a few.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 09:58 am:

Joe, I have two I'll bring along. One is brand new and is long enough to cut in half, the other is a used one that is still long enough to use. I'll be on the green in front of the Chapel this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

The wicks from Amazon showed up today. I am going to install them tonight and confirm they work. Hopefully all will be OK, thanks for the support.

-Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Joe...if they don't just let us know. I've got two for sure, they're on the kitchen counter so I don't forget to pack 'em tomorrow!

Bill...newbie question here...how do you know where you'll be ahead of time? Wasn't sure if the powers at be "assign" spots or what? Or do you have a favorite place to be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Tim; when I filled out the application, I put down that I wanted to be judged. When your car is judged, you get the green in front of the Chapel. I really don't care about how my car does on judging, but I really like the spot! I'm assuming that I will indeed be in the judging, but last year I thought I signed up for judging but when I got there on registration night, low and behold I wasn't on the green! They had all the 1915/16 cars on a dead end street that backed up to the grandstands that were put in place for the pass in review. Rather be on the green! They group all the cars by year and assign a certain area for that particular year. It varies sometimes from year to year, but the 1913 cars should all be together unless they have signed up for judging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

The wicks from Amazon worked. Ran the oil lamps for a while tonight without issue! Found a problem with my acetylene lights though...

Ergh,
-Joe

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration