Carb body: What's it worth?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Carb body: What's it worth?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 01:30 pm:

Yeah, I know, whatever somebody's willing to pay. But I'd like to get some opinions on this.

Ordinary, run-of-the-mill swayback NH, good for a rebuild. Good chaseable threads, no cracks. No needles, seats, shafts, springs or other extra parts except the float hinge.

If you needed an NH body for a rebuild and came across this at a swap meet, what would you give for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 01:32 pm:

$10.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

$5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 03:50 pm:

$5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 12:32 am:

Are you selling it Steve?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 12:38 am:

When it's done I may try to sell it and make a few dolaritos. Selling it as is wouldn't bring much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:39 am:

It appears to a typical late N.H., but can't tell for sure without seeing the patent plate on the other side. Is there one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:55 am:

ok, let me know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 10:04 am:

$5 to $20. Depending on how bad you needed it. If my carb was cracked and I needed a carb body to fix it, I would not hesitate at $20 (maybe even more). But If I do not need it and was just buying a spare part. I would have to think about it at $5.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration