Radiator Apron Spotter's Guide

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Radiator Apron Spotter's Guide
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

Hi guys, one of the items missing from my T is the radiator apron so I'm kind of casually looking for one. If I do stumble across one somewhere (swap meet, flea market, garage sale, etc.) what's the easiest way to identify it as a 26-27?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

Tim: The 26-27 style has the trim strip that attaches thru little slots in the apron. I believe the non starter cars did not have the trim strip, so some 26-27 aprons may not have the slots or trim strip. The 26-27 apron also has the small hole above the crank hole for the round head bolt to attach the apron to the front spring clip. Im not sure if any of the 24-25 style aprons had the small hole or not. maybe others can say for sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

That apron for the '26-'27 differs from the late '23-'25 by the hole below the crank hole for securing to the modified '26-'27 spring clamp mount which has threaded hole on its face.

The apron also has slots for the trim piece, when fitted. Not all came with the nickel trim when nickel shell wasn't fitted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

My Bad:-( I meant to say the small hole went below the crank like Dan shows and mentions in his post ... (not above)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:35 am:

The early '26's didn't have the screw hole boss on the motor/ spring mount and no hole in the apron. If memory serves me correctly. Mgh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:41 am:

I haven't owned a '26 for a long time, but am wondering if the screw for that apron is an oval head slotted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

A belated thanks for your speedy replies, guys. A couple hours after posting I was in a local guy's garage picking through T stuff but unfortunately he didn't have any of the bits I needed. The good news is nothing I need will keep the car from running if I don't have it so I can take my sweet time searching for bits and pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Tim, I have an apron you can have, will mail it to you. will need your address. my email is schrepferja@camtel.net

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration