NOTICE TO ALL WHO POST

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: NOTICE TO ALL WHO POST
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hank Western on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

I'm very new to this forum. I have noticed that just like we all appreciate the old cars, we also seem to collectively uphold the spirit of America that makes us proud to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. Today is Sept. 11 and we all remember the tragedy so vividly that just hearing that date brings it out. I want to personally thank you guy (and gals) for all you do to help myself and all of the others who post questions in search of help with a car or a project on a car. It's not just refreshing but amazing how much everyone goes out of their way to help one another here without asking a thing in return. This is exactly the attitude and brotherhood that I experienced in the military and precisely what made this the greatest nation anywhere. Thanks and God Bless. 9/11/15
Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Hank,well said! My sentiments exactly. That's why I made a similar post at 9:01 this morning, 14 years, 15 minutes after the first plane hit, two minutes before the second one. Very hard today to watch the footage of the carnage that day. Sitting here in the hotel room in Dearborn waiting for the rain to quit to take the car over to the parking lot I still thank God for the freedom we have. We could just as easily have been one of those poor folks in D.C. & New York & PA, as well as the newest batch of refugees fleeing to Hungary. The world's a mess, gotta enjoy what we got, while we got it!

Yes, God Bless America!

Welcome to the Model T affliction and forum my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Amen. God bless America.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

I'm driving my car in a Wounded Warrior Project parade today with the local high school football team traveling to their game.

It's an honor to participate in an event to remember such a tragedy.

Thanks for posting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Vivid memories after 14 years... We were in our Tuesday morning staff meeting at our GB Morgan Stanley Branch Office, when my assistant interrupted our meeting. "A plane just hit the World Trade Center." Conference Room TV was immediately turned on. Morgan Stanley was Head-Quartered between 80-84 floors up in the South Tower, right in the area that was struck. We all had many friends and acquaintances there. Stunned silence surrounded our uneasy nerves. Seemingly only seconds later, we saw "That was not, nor is, an accident!" 17 minutes after the North Tower came the South Tower strike, which then was also the first to collapse. Fortunately for our friends and acquaintances, the 'automatic evacuation plan' had commenced immediately after the strike on the North Tower. From what we were informed, 4200+ of our people that were present ended with 5 fatalities. Empathy and sympathy.
The dread and sorrow of that day will always be remembered. Everything was shut down....

Being in the upper-Midwest, we shouldn't feel threatened, right? Across the NFL, there was a debate for games to be cancelled or postponed. NFL Sunday 'worship' would be delayed one week.
Here in Green Bay, it was to be the first Monday Niter post 9/11, and also played against the Washington Redskins. Dread, sorrow, and quietly subdued apprehension were soon displaced by pride and resolve filling Lambeau Field! A USAF Reservist (Chris Gizzi) charged onto the field carrying an extra-large US Flag to lead the rest of 'our guys'. We couldn't help but feel what was welling-up to then soar across the air-waves!
America began its recovery that day. We should never lose either that pride or resolve. Without those, we're all throwing in the towel...

We all appreciate our Military, being able to serve, the service of others, or 'having our Military's back'. I'll step off my soap box now, and enjoy the varied posts and personalities.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration