Loading up my T for shipping

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Loading up my T for shipping
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

I loaded my 1926 Coupe onto my shipper's trailer, and decided to have some fun with the cardboard covers for the windshield and radiator.

T on a trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 01:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 07:52 am:

Michael,
I hauled my 29 Chev coupe on an open trailer like that from FL to SC (500 mi), and when I arrived, I had no visor! I've also had keys and floorboards vibrate out! Best of luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Also, on a closed car on an open trailer, I've run a small cargo strap over the top from running board to running board to keep the top from getting sucked off at highway speeds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Neat, I have two closed cars and always tow them backwards on my open trailer I also wrap some stretch wrap around the back to make it easier to get the bugs off.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 11:26 am:

Those chains pulling on the front wheels like that is a bad deal. Little details like that can get you into a world of hurt or damage the front end.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration