Unique accy item on E-bay 4rd script clock

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Unique accy item on E-bay 4rd script clock
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

I have no connection to this item, but I thought it was neat how they made a "play" of the word "FORD" with "4rd"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARLY-BRASS-ANGLE-MOUNT-4rd-SCRO-T-MODEL-T-FORD-DASH-CLO CK-/201422540777?hash=item2ee5b80fe9&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

Now that's funny!

Really like that way to get around trademarks :-)

Remember the 'Bool' or 'Fool' Ford fake Model A hubcaps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

Nice, But I bet it's made out of Unobtainium!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

It is phoney baloney. The seller is a known BS artist of the highest caliber. Buyer beware!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

A Phinney-Walker 4rd Special.

I found one advertisement in the Automobile Trade Journal searching Google books but unfortunately the full cannot be viewed.

Click here for those who are interested:

https://books.google.com/books?id=hMsyAQAAMAAJ&q=phinney+walker+%224rd+special%2 2&dq=phinney+walker+%224rd+special%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAGoVChMIh-rY_8Dwxw IVC0GSCh21jgQd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, September 11, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

Seller is Arnold Levin. Be very careful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 01:11 am:

About 40 years ago, I saw several clocks and speedometers done that way. Someone was doing that at that time, and most people knew it was a joke. Even Vic Sala had one on one of his Ts, I think it was the '15 touring car. Even he told me it wasn't anything original.
I never bid on ANYTHING that seller lists for sale.
But that is my opinion.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

That's listed by Arnold Levin in Chicago. For years his father bought early car stuff under the name of Ogden Truck Sales in the old small Hemmings.

Arnold has been selling this stuff for years and must have a huge warehouse of stuff. If you follow him on Ebay most of his stuff is overpriced and does not sell.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Judging by the stuff he does sell, especially his music boxes and high end auto parts, he easily is making well over 20k a month or more. Id like to be doing that type of income.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

He has a 13,640 sales number with 100% positive feedback rating. His stuff is too pricy for me but he must be doing something right ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

Yeah Donnie, 13,000 Plus in BEANIE BABIES sales! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration