Cracked block update 2

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Cracked block update 2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

My replacement rebuilt motor had a crack between #2 and 3 that I could not fix it.

After a lot of discussion, guidance, etc. on this forum, I contacted the guy that sold it to me and he quickly offered to do an exchange.
We did that today and I have already started to install the new one.

For those who know who he is, I need to report that he was a gentleman about the whole problem and went out of his way to make sure everything was OK.
For those who don't know who he is, there are many Model T people have a high level of ethics that don't exist in the general population.
I believe that as a "general rule" I can trust the regulars on this forum.

Although this experience was a pain, I must admit that I learned a lot more about my T and it gave me an opportunity to work closely with my son.

I need to remind myself to look at the silver lining. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Fred, good luck with this new motor, its sounds like you have the right attitude...I could use some of that right now :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 12:14 am:

Hats off to the man who stood behind his work. Sorry you had to pull your engine back out, but sometimes things go that way. All model T blocks I work on are pressure tested to 40 psi. Many fail, some I can repair. I hope your son treasures his time with you like I do with my dad.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration