Crank tranny bolts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Crank tranny bolts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Any suggestions of how to remove these bolts
I have set of 4 that are in very tight and wanted see if anyone has any ideas on how to move them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 07:33 am:

Bob, when I get some really tight ones, I resort to using a soft faced hammer on the end of the ring spanner I use on those bolts. I have modified the off-set on the ring spanner so it can be fitted when the shaft is at a tangent to the flange and the bolt head is at 112 o'clock. A god sharp whack or two usually breaks them loose.

Hope this helps.
allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Thanks mate I bent my ring spanner once it cools I give it a try

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 09:46 am:

I use a thin 11/16 socket and a breaker bar. Be sure to remove the safety wire first!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Me too. Like Larry, I use my 1/2" drive Craftsman 11/16" socket and a 1/2" drive 24" Craftsman breaker bar. It fits right on there with no problem. Much better than the KR Wilson tool, of which I have several but never use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

I got them I used a old ford wrench #1707 each end was offset and the outer end just cleared the mag ring

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration