O-T ; New York marathon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: O-T ; New York marathon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer---- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 05:06 am:

A good friend of mine approached me with a difficult question.He has a fitness-school in Heiloo in the Netherlands for people with a handicap.One of his beloved customers is a 41-year guy who is blind and is autistic. This man is very sportive and with the help of 4 assistants he does a lot of walking and running.His ultimate dream is to take part in the half-marathon in New-York.He himself does not believe that this is possible but his assistants like to arrange that.Without him knowing this until everything has been organized.So,my question is; is there a T-member in New-york city or in the close proximity who can give us information about getting a licence for him to take part in the Marathon and a place to stay in Manhattan [or closeby] for a couple of days to acclimatize.This would be a very good happening for this guy who is missing a lot in this world.Thank you all very much beforehand also from a T-driver ; Cees Steeman,e-mail
ceessteeman@ziggo.nl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 08:10 am:

Anthonie,

This might help answer your questions:

@ http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-events/2014/nyc-half/guaranteed-and-non-guaranteed -entry

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 08:59 am:

Toon,

Heiloo? Kleine wereld! :-)

My son-in-law ran the NY Marathon last year, and I will ask him this evening if he has any suggestions. I'm about a thousand miles from New York. It might be worthwhile to discuss it in person with someone from the marathon organization, but you need someone closer for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer---- Klaaswaal NL on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:39 am:

JIM - Dick ;
Thanks for your reaction !!!!

Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Toon, is Cees the friend with the fitness school? I visited Cees in Limmen during one of my visits to Heiloo. (Limmen is closer to Heiloo than Klaaswaal is... :-) )

I looked around a little on the website of the Marathon - http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/ - and found an e-mail address for General Questions: mynyrr@nyrr.org

The deadline for entry is September 17th, so it would make more sense to plan for 2016. They are probably too busy now to be able to answer, but if Cees waits until December or January to contact them, I would expect that this is a special enough case that they might be willing to suggest the best approach. There are issues of qualifying to run, but there must be a provision for someone who is blind, autistic and coming from NL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer---- Klaaswaal NL on Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

Bump

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration