O.T. Visit to Piquette

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: O.T. Visit to Piquette
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 07:13 am:

On the Thursday before OCF I took my S Roadster to Piquette Plant for a homecoming. After a 107 year absence it turned out to be a perfect day. I gave rides to two of the staff, and some visitors from Denmark. That night was followed with a ride in Rob's K and then a driving lesson driving the K. Thank you Rob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 08:51 am:

Bruce,

How special to reflect on not only where your Model S Roadster was assembled, but where your grandfather Charles Balough, Sr. worked with others in the experimental room to help bring the Model T from concept to reality. (For those who would like to know more about that -- please see the pages 3-5 of issue No.347 Jan - Feb 2007 "Model T Times.")

And I'm also sure you thoroughly enjoyed the OCF and your experience with Rob and his K. What a great way to spend the day!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 10:02 am:

Bruce.
Thank you for bringing back memories of our day visit to Piquette Avenue Plant 5 years ago. Interested to know if Patricia Linkllater and Jack Sevitt are still working there?
Cheers. Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Alan,

Pat no longer works there, but still visits from time to time. Jack is still involved at Piquette. He is on a few committees and I believe is still a board member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 01:06 am:

Thanks for the update Jerry
Those two were so very helpful and informative to us when we visited Dearborn a few years back. They made our US trip very memorable indeed.
Hopefully they both remember the Vegemite and toy Kangaroo we left for them. I recall they were trying to get the elevator to perform to modern day standards at the time
Thanks for the reply
Alan in Western Australia

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration