High Rad vs Improved Car Firewall Bracket Location

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: High Rad vs Improved Car Firewall Bracket Location
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James H Hall on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 11:26 am:

Are the holes in the sides of the frame for the firewall brackets located differently on the later frames? I am building up a speedster on a '26 frame - I have a high radiator and a '24 firewall and brackets. When bolted up, the '24 hood and support rod is too short by an inch or more, the distance between the radiator and firewall seems to still be for the longer '26 hood.

The only thing I can figure is that the frame holes are farther back on the 26? Everything bolts up and the radiator outlet looks good, etc. Can someone please provide the distance from the front of the frame to the holes on a 24/25 frame?

Thanks!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

From front of frame to first hole on the side for the firewall bracket: 25 1/2"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James H Hall on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Thanks, Dan - all makes sense now. The '26 is roughly 27" from the front. Looks like I can either modify the bracket or move it up one hole and drill a new front mounting hole.

Appreciate all of the great knowledge and willingness to help on this board. Hope to learn enough pay it forward some day!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration