Old Car Festival pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Car Festival pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

I saw quite a few forum members at OCF. Add your pics if you wish:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

What a absolute blast !!! That weekend is more than my feeble old brain can handle, but it has become an addiction that the doctor ain't got no cure !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

Don,

I went looking for you and Ed Sunday afternoon. You guys weren't there.

My son and I finally got our cars home and bedded down by eight tonight. The last thing I saw was the Village's tow truck taking a Model A back to the trailers. All in all a great show and mu grandkids now have show number 1 in their records.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 05:26 am:

Sorry we missed you Tom, we packed up and headed to the parking lot about 3:30. It was great to see your new grand babies and Sue. Rather obvious your girls are enjoying life with the twins. I have to say that the Barrett 1913 Rolls Royce was the coolest car there. I was lucky to get videos of his musical talents and will be posting it on YouTube soon. Such a great, great show to experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 06:14 am:

The Barretts left the show around 5:15 and headed back east. I got a text from Bob saying he had a flat in Ontario but was back on the road after changing it.

I pulled my car into my garage last night in the spot where he had parked. My car doesn't come anywhere near the garage door like his did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 06:40 am:

Hah!! No doubt. That had to be a fun trip, flat tire and all. I admire them for traveling that far in a 102 year old monster. What a amazing piece of history...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:08 am:

Don...great to meet you in person Saturday! I knew there was at least one name I forgot to mention in the other post. My lame brain! Boy was I beat by the time I got home Sunday night. Could barely stay awake at the wheel the last half hour home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Tim, I really get a kick out of meeting the forum guys like yourself. It puts it all together when you have some vis--vis. What I find amazing is the amount of younger people and how engrossed they are with the Model T's. Example is a well respected restorer that has had 121 Model T's in his life and he looks to be in his mid 40's. I think this appreciation of the old cars is alive and very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:58 am:

After a quick buzz around in Christine, went for a quick buzz around with Bill Elliott in his '14. I may be a bit biased, but I thought Christine showed well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:03 am:

Don I agree with you 100%. I enjoyed our chat. It was great to see the "young-uns" there, naturally I can't remember his name, but had a nice chat with that high schooler who drove his speedster from Ohio to Kansas, Nebraska? somewhere "out there"!! with his mom/dad as he only had a permit. That was fantastic! Great kid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:06 am:

What a weekend! A great time with great friends!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:56 am:

We had a great time with many friends at the OCF, including Jerry and Kim Kramer, RV Anderson, Bud and Diane DeLong, Jim and Sue Cook, Rob Heyen and many others. I met Tim Wrenn for the first time.

Rob gave me a ride in His '07 Model K....What a car!!! That car has so much power that it's almost scary! Thank you Rob...that ride was great!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Tim,

I looked for your car. I was parked with the other '15's in the boulevard "red zone". Maybe we can meet up next year.

Anyone know how many cars were there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

John the judge said there were 963 registrations this year. But he didn't think they all showed due to the weather. My opinion (which counts for nothing) is they did show. The judging area was sparse due to the lack of requests. The rest of the place was bumper to bumper with cars. And, so many very early cars compared to last year. Its just a sight to see and I really wish all the forum guys could have been there to witness it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Don. I agree a lot of cars. In fact some traffic jams on selected areas of the grounds as we drove around....ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

Sounds like the only kind of traffic jam I would accept - and actually enjoy :-)

Are the grounds filled up with almost 1,000 old cars at the festival?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

Not only a traffic jam, but a fender bender right in front of me! Driver rear ended the car in front. Keystone cops were there and damage appeared minimal.

The Greenfield Village is a tremendous site for the show. They even have a period correct T Wrecker to tow you in if you breakdown.

Lots and lots of cars, great weather and wonderful people. Doesn't get much better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

Roger, I would think they would consider it full at 1000. But it would be more likely that the parking for all the trailers, fifth wheels, Class A's and pickups would ultimately determine when the event is at its limit. This year was a very stuffed " behind the scenes" parking situation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

Don Booth is correct in that parking for tow vehicles and trailers, etc. is limited and was quite crowded.

BTW, I saw one more Forum participant: Jerry Van... and guess what? He had a flat tire on his '24 Buick right in front of where we were parked!

Jerry, how many guys does it take to put the spare tire on a Buick? It looked like he had 3 or 4 guys helping him. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

I saw the buick with the flat but i did not see Jerry O?? I saw Jon Crane's car but no Jon? It was nice to see Mark Eyre driving the water pump 09 several times!! My very first year of missing the pass in reviue or just another Ford.Tim Wrenn was a hoot!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 03:07 pm:

We had a T owner experience two flats coming off the trailer. He had rubber stem tubes and the stems came off in his hands. I helped the guy install two new tubes only to have the tire explode as he got near 60 psi.

He mentioned that prior to this, he was running less pressure and I believe the tire suffered a rim cut which allowed the new tube to exit and rupture.

The blowout blew his hat off and gave us all ringing ears for a few minutes.

The only problem I had with my car was a top strap broke and the top wanted to spring up from the windshield. I now have the perfect opportunity to replace the leather ones with cotton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 04:24 pm:

Rob, I am not sure but, someone came by my trailer Friday while we were having dinner and we invited him in to have some ribs and lasagna. Was that you? I was going to ask you on Saturday but, you were having too much fun driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

Awww shucks Ken..now I'm blushing! I really enjoyed our time yacking too! Seems like theres others I'm forgetting so hope no feelings hurt. John for whatever reason I just never could get that way...I know I was close buuutttt....:-( It was good picking up new info. I need to start taking notes! Gotta git..boss says dinners ready!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

We had an unbelievably good time, as usual!!! Saw a lot of Forum members (thanks for the tubing, Joe). The gas light tour was great. Jim Johnson and Greg Harris and their crew did an outstanding job putting the whole thing together. We didn't have time this year to get the fire engine pumping. Hate to see it end. It always sort of signals the end of summer. (Would love to see more pics.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

It was a blast! I had the kerosene and acetylene lights going a little early because I just could not wait until 7PM. Met tons of nice people, Gave lots of children Mode T and A rides, taught 3 different people how to start and drive my Model A. Spoke with Tim Wrenn, Bill Elliot rescued my wife, and taught me a carbide generator trick. I tried to catch up with Marty a couple of times, but ended up just leaving him a piece of extra acetylene hose I had.

I went to the eagle around 4:30. Don't know if they were forum members, but I spoke to some real nice steam people for a while...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Here's a picture of the first time out running the headlights on acetylene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Joe and I finally fleetingly caught up with each other. Thanks again Joe. Missed you this time Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Racing down on the baseball field. Always a fun time.

Who do you think will win, us or the train?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

We cooked hot dogs for ourselves, the Henry Ford staff manning the races, and a few of the cheering crowd on the bleachers. Here's my daughter loading them into the cooker. This was our first time using it and it was a great experience.

We are open for additional recipes for next year. My kids want to make sure we do breakfast, lunch, and dinner (with dessert).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

It was great to meet up with old friends and make a few new ones this year. I will have to make a better effort searching out more of the forum members to put faces to names.

The highlight for me was driving Clara (Rick Lindner's 03 Ford) all the way around the village. what an experience. The hardest part was remembering the brake was the pedal on the left!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:00 am:

Don,

Well, I know of at least 3 cars registered that could not make it this year and am sure there were more than that. If Vern Campbell had registered his 2 vehicles before he became very ill that would make at least 5. I would not be surprised if a 100 or so of the 963 vehicles were not able to make it to the festival. Just my thoughts.......

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Here is a couple of pics we took. My Daughter, son in law, and me with the '15 touring. The second is a picture of our car during the gas light parade under a street light. My wife got creative and used a black and white setting....pretty cool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

a couple more pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 04:20 pm:

Keith,

I can't believe what a crowd my flat tire drew. Yes, it took a crew of 3 to change the tire. You can't have too many friends, but you can sometimes have too many helpers! That's the third flat tire I had that weekend, each one on a different car. Caused by, 1) bad valve stem, 2) bad valve core, (the Buick), and 3) a puncture.

Peter N.

You were one big happy family that weekend. I'm so happy you got that T. It was great to see you all having so much fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Willis, there is always a "no show" factor. I was just trying to say that in spite of the weather there was a very big turnout. I need to learn how to phrase things on this forum...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

I really wish I had more time to walk around and meet forum members but this darn narration stuff takes up a lot of my time. Next year is my 35th narrating and my last. Then I'll have time for visiting and socializing. But, still, there is NOTHING like the OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

Marty, You are absolutely right in that there is no other old car event like the OCF, especially considering the Gaslight Parade, and the "protected" environment of Greenfield Village.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Marty, are you the one that narrated the pass in review?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Our green Fordor next to Don Booth's Fordor. He did the restoration on both cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

Marty,

Well, I must thank you for your dedication to this wonderful event! You have helped make this the Super Bowl of old car shows! I will certainly miss your narration, but look forward to seeing you out, about, riding & driving! Your narration shoes will be hard to fill and I don't envy the person in charge of that.
Thank you for your love of all old cars. That is what makes this event so great!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Willis, Sorry for the delay, just saw this.

Thanks for the kind words!! I'll miss narration but will have more time to visit nice folks like you!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Keith, thanks! For years, I tried to talk the Village into the Gaslight Parade. Finally, they decided to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 05:37 pm:

Ed, I narrated the early cars on Saturday and the winners on Sunday evening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Marty, I can't believe you won't be narrating after next year! You have, by far, the absolute best radio voice I've ever heard and you will be sorely missed. On the other hand, I'm glad you will finally be able to mix with the rest of us and relax! You deserve it, buddy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

test pictureOCF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel in Temperance MI on Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

Marty,
Are you looking for an apprentice to take over your duties? I will spend the next 11.5 months working on my radio voice!

You guys do a great job narrating the pass in review, it is incredibly interesting for the newbies and the old timers (I think I fall somewhere in between).

When I came up for pass in review, they brought my 27 Tudor up with a 27 C#%.} and described the differences, I wish I would have recorded it!

Great Time!
See you all next year!

Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Bill Elliot, Thanks!!! The voice has been paying the bills for much longer than I care to reveal!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

When Marty's not on the reviewing stand, he's out playing in traffic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 07:45 am:

Or recording voice-overs,being in movies and TV commercials, etc.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration