Lizzie has awoke from her long slumber

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Lizzie has awoke from her long slumber
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

I thought I would post some pictures of our car. I went through her and updated some things, one piece valves, adjustable lifters, tightened her bearings, installed new bands, most all new wiring but kept the old, she has most of her original paint and pinstripe, her engine was painted black when new, fixed the ground on her dome light, tightened her steering, she has her original top material still on, recharged her magnets so she will start on her mag and rebuilt her vaporizer carb and cleaned her gas tank built her a new oversize fuel filter for her tank, she idols slower than I've ever had a T idol, she loves 35mph.
All in all I think I'm lucky to have known what a wonderful car Lizzie is, she is by far the best of all T's I've had or worked on. If anyone needs pictures of any part of her just ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

Spectacular Steve: Thanks for the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

She's a jewel, Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

A beauty indeed! A bit over 30 years ago, I saw one similar to that in San Jose Califunny, just about that nice then. Totally original paint, upholstery, and top. I knew who owned it for awhile, but eventually it sold and I lost track of it.
If you can have something that special? It is really something to be proud of.
Thank you for sharing the photos of your car! It brings back memories.
Drive carefully, and enjoy that special car! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 05:48 am:

What a marvelous car. Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 06:03 am:

Great survivor :-)
Looks like an early 1927 model car with the headlamps mounted to a cross bar, but made before Ford decided to equip all the closed cars with wire wheels later in the model year.
It would be nice to know the serial number, maybe you can look at both the top of the frame by the front passengers legs and over the water inlet on the left side of the engine to rule out an early engine swap?
(you can xxx out the last three if you don't want to give out the whole number)

It's interesting to pinpoint for how long Ford kept on painting the engines black. Maybe the change to a new paint material (Pyroxilin) at the end of July 1926 didn't mean a color change - that would explain the durability of the paint on this engine, much better than other earlier cars where the black most likely disapeared in only months.

Can it be seen if the head bolts originally were nickeled? In that case they have a slightly domed head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 07:47 am:

Very nice car, a reference for those who want to see how it should be done. That car deserves a write up in one of the T club magazines with lots of photos Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:33 am:

That's one beautiful car Steve !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:04 am:

I agree with Royce. It should be in the VF or the MTT, with lots of photos. Do you know any of the car's history, and how it came to be so well preserved? The history of most T's today has been lost.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration