Trans tools magnet ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Trans tools magnet ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

What are the average guy using to pull the clutch drum and drive gear
I used to have the special pullers but loaned them out to witch they never came home that was some time ago
Also I remember there was a lock wire on the v of the magnet bolt but took down two engines from different places both had no wire and bolt heads were not drilled should I pull these bolts and drill for the wire or leave it be magnets are in great shape and hold 2lb weight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 05:42 am:

The right tools cost some money - if you remember who loaned them, it would be worth it to hunt some for where he is now..
I've used generic pullers, but I've had to use heat - and I'm not too glad for that, especially the hardening of the driving gear can be hurt by too much heat.

I think the safety wiring of the inner magnet bolts was discontinued in later years since it was tested and determined it wasn't needed. And a few more pennies saved on every engine :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Here's what I use for the clutch drum:

Clutch drum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

Well never had magnet bolt without thanks neat puller I'm going try find one like it
I tried to locate my tools but he is long gone
I seen a few on tray going $40+ for each

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration