OT this applies to the last few days in my garage!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT this applies to the last few days in my garage!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

My wife claims that things are worse than shown because 1/2 of the time I am looking for a tool it is already in my hand! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

woops :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

I don't understand. . . .
Where do you get all that time for cleaning, painting, etc??
Oh, and where's the time for "Trying to remember why I came in here?"
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:01 pm:

Amen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wade Gipson on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

Absolutely Fred! For me, not only after ten minutes of looking for that tool, I forget what it was I was looking for in the first place!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Pergande on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 06:19 am:

And then there's looking for 4 hours for the thing or tool I know is in my garage but I can't remember where I put it 10 years ago...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:01 am:

Jack
Do you mean the thing or tool that you sold 8 years ago because you knew you would NEVER need it again :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:20 am:

I just finished replumbing my entire house, both sewer AND water. Sewer failed and
the water pipes froze every winter. Since I had the walls torn open for the sewer, I wasn't
going to put 'em all back together, only to tear 'em apart again for the water ....

FOUR solid months of evenings and weekends. The shop is a absolute wreck. Nothing
gets done out there and it is a dumping ground for my business and the plumbing project.

I spent all of last w/e out there just putting things away, and one can hardly tell I moved
a thing ! I could dedicate another three weekends to it and *maybe* get it looking decent ?

My problem is just youzalls describe ... A.D.D. sets in and in order to do Task A, I need
to move this or find that. In the search for what I need, I undertake Task B, only to stall
out because in order to do that, this or that needs to happen !

I wrote a humorous bit about this problem 10+ years ago and posted it to a forum I frequent
and it obviously struck a chord, because I get it fed back to me on a regular basis as a chain
email. Basically it was about how I set out to do 5 things over a Saturday, went into mental
lock as we are discussing, and at the end of the day, I was totally bushed and NOTHING was
accomplished !

Right now I need to clean up the shop so I can begin the wall repairs/corrections and get
sheetrock back up, finished, textured, painted, and put all the trim back in. Anyone care to
to wager how long THAT will take ??!

But the toilets flush good and I have lots of water pressure now !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 10:48 am:

If it makes you feel better Burger I am doing the same thing at half speed. No water issues but after thirty some gallons of paint on the house and shop there is a ton of stuff to organize and put away. With thirty five file cabinets with labeled drawers it will be next spring before I can put my hand on exactly what is wanted and have nothing to trip on with a clean floor. As a retired builder the tools and knowledge of using them is a big help. T projects will have to wait!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:02 am:

And then when you finish the walls, the electrical system will fail. . . . .
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 12:26 am:

I just finished replumbing my entire house, both sewer AND water. Sewer failed and
the water pipes froze every winter. Since I had the walls torn open for the sewer, I wasn't
going to put 'em all back together, only to tear 'em apart again for the water ....

FOUR solid months of evenings and weekends. The shop is a absolute wreck. Nothing
gets done out there and it is a dumping ground for my business and the plumbing project.

I spent all of last w/e out there just putting things away, and one can hardly tell I moved
a thing ! I could dedicate another three weekends to it and *maybe* get it looking decent ?

My problem is just youzalls describe ... A.D.D. sets in and in order to do Task A, I need
to move this or find that. In the search for what I need, I undertake Task B, only to stall
out because in order to do that, this or that needs to happen !

I wrote a humorous bit about this problem 10+ years ago and posted it to a forum I frequent
and it obviously struck a chord, because I get it fed back to me on a regular basis as a chain
email. Basically it was about how I set out to do 5 things over a Saturday, went into mental
lock as we are discussing, and at the end of the day, I was totally bushed and NOTHING was
accomplished !

Right now I need to clean up the shop so I can begin the wall repairs/corrections and get
sheetrock back up, finished, textured, painted, and put all the trim back in. Anyone care to
to wager how long THAT will take ??!

But the toilets flush good and I have lots of water pressure now !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 12:28 am:

How does one delete a double post ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 12:36 am:

You can't, but you can edit it for some time after it's been posted - click the "user profile" head above or below and follow instructions. If a post still can be edited it'll have a yellow pen in the list of your latest posts. After editing a text "edited by xx" will appear in the post, so you can't clear it completely.

On topic for this thread: Unfortunately, the circle diagram describes my activities in the garage to a T.. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration