Coronado Bridge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Coronado Bridge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Over the weekend the Two San Diego clubs had a tour over the Coronado Bridge. We set out in Mission Bay, through downtown and then over the bridge to Coronado for ice cream.

After lunch in Imperial Beach, we followed the the San Diego bay road back Mission Bay. Good day out, no problems....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Used to go over that bridge every day to work at NASNI. Nice pictures:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

Here are a couple other pictures we took along the tour. It was a good tour. All cars ran the entire tour and no serious traffic problems. Good ice cream at Coronado.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

When I'm on the west coast I love going for dinner at the Hotel Del!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

But don't you miss this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Boy, you are old Steve! :-)
And periodically when the bridge is shut down (like today for a traffic accident) for several hours, there are a lot of us who wish the ferries were still running! The only other way on or off the island is to drive south along the strand to Imperial Beach and back up I-5 (or vice versa), adding about an hour to your drive.
At least the passenger ferries still run both ways.
Nice pictures Norm and Tony! Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:23 am:

They should have kept the ferry boat going. I'm sure a lot of people would probably still use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:37 am:

I remember when the car ferry was running, before the bridge. Coronado was a quiet little beach town. Nice drive from San Diego over to the "island" for a picnic. Now it is very heavy with tourists. Of course, Sept 12 was a hot summer day! A good day to visit the beach!
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration