Question for the Speedster bunch.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Question for the Speedster bunch.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

How many do you think are on around? Driving or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:09 pm:

More than 1000 times the number of existing Centerdoors, Couplets, and Towncars combined.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

This is research for a bank backing proposal for a possible business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

There are 76 folks in Western Washington that have one or more speedsters. There may well be others I don't know about but these folks represent at least 85 cars. Most of them are in driving condition but some don't hit the road very often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 05:23 pm:

I think Dan T is being a bit facetious? There are probably a hundred or more center-door sedans still among us. I had one and personally have known of about twenty of them myself. I don't think there are 100,000 speedsters. I would guess that there are at least a thousand speedsters in basically drivable condition. I have two, and previously had four other cars that I have sold. I have two others in project piles, plus my son has a project.
There are probably about two hundred speedsters that have run the SCVMTFC Endurance Runs over 40 years. But there are not more than maybe six "hot spots" like that in the country. Southern Califunny has a bunch, there are a lot of them in the Pacific Northwest, and very few other small areas with large numbers.
There could easily be two or even three or more thousand model T speedsters around the globe. But that is just "wild-eyed" guessing.

A business that runs antique cars is usually difficult at best. And often extremely risky liability-wise. Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:19 pm:

I have two speedsters now. One T, one A. My dad had one. I have built and sold 4 for out of state buyers. I am aware of at least 10 more in my town. I'm guessing there is no real way of knowing now many for sure. So an estimated guess will have to be made. I believe there is a market for a well designed, well built speedster. Built with safety in mind without compromising total originality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

Built 11 speedster and don't own one currently but think I need do one more after the tt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

Tyrone - I'd like a definition for your "total originality". Not trying to be picky, just curious as to what you intend for body, suspension, performance stuff etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

Well that was a wrong term to use. It is hard to change and stay the same. Good call. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 02:23 am:

Pretty sure there are more speedsters than all other types combined.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration