Bolt thread repair file

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bolt thread repair file
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

I am going to buy a bolt thread repair file to take care of light thread damage. There are two available:

11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 24 TPI
and
9, 10, 12, 16, 20, 27, 28, 32 TPI

Will one of these take care of all the threads used on the Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Get them both. Each has T threads the other doesn't. Just two examples are 24 for the wheel hubs and 32 for coil studs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

Will do. Thanks R.V.!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

A few years ago I found those two files at a vendor in a swap meet, scrounged around his space and found a metric one which was even in the original box. $3 bought them all. I have used them a lot. It is one of those tools you think will be neat to have and you will never use... only to find lots of uses for them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

You can also use them as a thread gauge if you don't have one handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Marc, that's what I use my metric one for! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration